Newb Alert!

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm new-ish to MFP. I previously downloaded the APP and filled out some info not realizing that there would be an website that makes it a bit easier to input info so here I am!

My weight loss goal at this point is 125lbs that number alone scares me pretty bad but I know I can do it! I've drastically changed my diet over the past month or so, going from eating tons of junk food to eating lots of fruits, veggies, and nuts. I've also switched out most breads/grain to whole grain. I don't drink anything caffeine, I don't smoke cigarettes and the only meat I eat and have eaten in the last 1.5+ years is white lean chicken breast with the skin removed. My biggest vice was always sweets and I'm talking all the way back to when I was a kid LOL.

I suffer from a few medical problems, nothing major as far as I know. The main thing being GERD that gets extremely painful at times, so bad that it swells up my esophagus and makes it almost impossible to eat, I've found that drinking lemon water in the morning helps so I've been doing that daily for a couple of weeks.

I've watched my brother lose about 125lbs over the past 2 years and see how he was over the 300lb mark I KNOW I can do it too and I also NEED to. I am tired of being tired! But the only downer I have is I really have no support system. My mom thinks its all funny and makes fun of what I eat, my roomate was supposed to be in this with me but is getting tired of eating healthy she says and wants to go back to eating "normal"

So here I am hoping to find a great support system, the many stories of success have really inspired me and after reading the forum have seen that people really like to help each other out here! I can't wait :D

Replies

• TayNLansNGraysDad
    TayNLansNGraysDad Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Good luck, you got this!
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Great post!!! You'll find a fantastic support system on this site!!!

I"d say good luck - but it's a lot of hard work and I'd say you're ready to get it done! Awesome!
  • skyeonfire
    skyeonfire Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone :D I'm really excited about this!