Home Work outs for men.

Options
Hi all!

I've been a member but really was not committed until....I gained 20+ pounds :( I'm starting Insanity today! (Wish me luck) But I'm here for my husband. He is 5'7 and 120 pounds. Do y'all have any at home work outs to get buff? Or bigger? Pretty much pack on some meat on my husband lol. He eats like a pig but can't seem to gain any weight. He wants to start working out as well to support me but he wants to gain muscle...

Replies

• nellyygee07
    Options
    bump
  • erickog07
    erickog07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A man here. I think best thing for him to do would be heavy lifting and he has to eat way more than he burns but it has to be mostly protein. Thats the only way i could think for him to bulk up with muscle unless u dont mind him eating a bunch of mcdonalds to just get fat lol
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i think he will struggle to gain muscle lifting at home unless you have all the right gear (bench, barbells, dumbells, weight plates etc)

and someone get that boy a cookie, he needs to eat.

you will also struggle as he needs to eat more to gain and you need to eat less to lose, so you will have a lot of temptation in your house.
  • rjmelton
    rjmelton Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting with clean bulk diet. One way to achieve the calorie surplus is supplements. Heavy proteins and good fats are key to muscle gains. There are mass gainer powders out there but I would recommend trying protein first.

Another thought is include calorie dense foods to his diet (nut butters, eggs, avocado, and nuts) to meet calorie needs without filling up.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Feed him like there is no tomorrow (seriously) and bring him to a gym where heavy lifting is encouraged. If he is your age (22), be prepared to watch him grow rather quickly...