at goal weight but still unhappy

Options
i am 4'11 and weigh 117 which i know i can go lower due to my height. i am now my goal and still hate the way i look. i should have started strength training from the beginning but i didnt know of its benefits until recently. is it too late for me to become leaner? i have a belly pooch that i loathe!!

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    It's never too late unless you're dead...start now!
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I've weighed 140 and worn a size 6 and 140 and worn a size 12 (same manufacturer, same cut of clothing.) The difference was weight training!

At size 12, my bodyfat was 34% and size 6, it was 17% (actually too low.) so weight training can make a huge difference!

I'm not a pro at weight training advice, but there are lots of people here who are!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Start now! It's never ever too late :smile:

You will love it and what it can do.
  • leapylees
    leapylees Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar position - 4'10" and 118lbs, which was my original goal back when I started out. However I recently adjusted my goal to 110-112ish lbs and am increasing strength training as I don't like the way I look. Hopefully it'll help get my body fat down and get me where I want to be - hopefully finally shift the belly (first on, last off - stupid apple genes). I'm more about adjusting my body than losing though - if I can alter my appearance, then I don't care if I don't get to my 'new' weight-loss goal.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    it's never to late to start lifting...

As mentioned above I started lifting in September...9months into my journey...

Since then I have gone from a size 10 to a size 7 with very little weight loss.

There are groups to help out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

Is a good one with a good group of supportive women.
  • JoanneC1216
    Options
    i am 4'11 and weigh 117 which i know i can go lower due to my height. i am now my goal and still hate the way i look. i should have started strength training from the beginning but i didnt know of its benefits until recently. is it too late for me to become leaner? i have a belly pooch that i loathe!!

Are you kidding?? You're so young. Start now!!

Weight training has done wonders for my body. Even though I have put some weight on, I look smaller than I actually weigh. Start today! :smile:
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Then I would say you aren't at your goal weight yet. Only you know that number, muscley or not.

I'm pretty high muscle to fat ratio now, but I'm not happy over about 128lb. I'm 5'7". I like being lean, and not having to carry much weight on my frame, it makes me feel young and agile.

Lifting is life changing. Everyone should do it. You'll love the empowerment and strength and hotness it gives you. Spend a lot of time getting form right though, as a good base. Then you'll be confident when the weights get higher.
  • Starshinelcb
    Starshinelcb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    U might consider eating healther. Weight loss in which u eat bad foods may make the number go down but Ull still have the chubby look. Try to focus on, yes a little exercise, but switching out unhealthy foods too