A Nervous Hello.

Options
Hello my name is Alice. I'm a 23 year old girl living in Canada. I just recently started using MFP on my phone to monitor my eating, kind of just for fun at first but after my weight gain got faster and stretch marks became a thing I started taking this a bit more seriously. I don't live a typical "healthy" lifestyle, in fact alot of people call my lifestyle terrible and for the time I agree. I am a housewife so I am at home ALL the time. This is partnered with the fact that I have severe anxiety and can't go outside often. My problem isn't eating too much but actually eating too little and not often enough. Some days I have only 1 or 2 meals a day. On top of that I don't exactly eat healthy, I pretty much live off of cereal and ramen. My life is somewhat complicated with a partner who is living in another country for a short while longer but my main reason for being here is, surprise I want to lose weight. Not alot of weight just a bit.

Four years ago I started taking Estrace a medication that increases estrogen levels and since then I've been experiencing a second puberty (embarassing). So my stomach is growing and so is my chest and with my lifestyle they are only growing more than I want. I can't do much about my eating habbits except stay under my calorie goal which isn't hard and eat 3 meals a day. What I mostly want to do is start excersizing but my motivation is so incredibly poor. On top of that since I'm somewhat of a nerd it's difficult for me to find people who are trying to lose weight who I click with. Trust me, I've tried conning many a female friend into this site.

So yeah. Here I am posting a semi-awkward intro and trying to be healthier. If you're looking for someone to chat with and to lose weight with I'd be happy to chat. Despite how strange I may sound in this post I'm pretty easy to get along with and can talk about pretty much anything. Thanks for reading this. I'm going to stop being embarrassed now and go eat some noodles.

PS: I can be kind of shy, >///<;

Replies

• KLiburd86
    KLiburd86 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Alice, I'm Katy :-) Feel free to add me.
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi Alice, no need to be embarrassed. It can be good to share and that is why many of us are here.
  • walker243
    Options
    hello, don't worry about feeling nervous, many of us know that feeling. good luck with your goals you have made the first step which sometimes is the hardest. I only 'found 'exercise a few years ago, (around age 40) but for me the key was finding something I actually enjoy which is group classes, they are fun, and you do slowly get to chat to people even if you are shy like me. Good luck
  • tripeS94
    tripeS94 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Alice,

Add me if you like someone who can motivate you :)
  • Tropics69
    Options
    Hi there, as Walker243 said,you've made the first step and that's probably the hardest one. I found it gets easier from here on in as this is such a great motivator. We've all got the same end goal, fitness, lose weight and improve the health... So welcome aboard. Stick with it and you'll see results and wonder why you didn't start this earlier. Feel free to add as we'll :)
  • fatgymnast
    fatgymnast Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Alice.
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. I'm naturally very shy, but hey, we've all got to start somewhere. If anything, I've found this forum refreshing in that people are open and honest about things that they were a bit shy about.
    Anyway, welcome and hello! :)
  • ShmeaShmea
    ShmeaShmea Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello Alice :) Fellow Canadian here (Vancouver Island). We sound a lot alike. I have anxiety that used to be so severe I couldn't go out much either. There are a few books I read that changed the way I think and have made things a lot more tolerable (though still not ideal, I can at least go to the store or gas station by myself without worrying too much about everyone judging me) if you're interested.

Feel free to add me either way :) I need accountability. I want to let others see what I'm eating so I make better decisions ;)
  • Stuartw31
    Stuartw31 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi been on this for over a year but never had the confidence to post for friends, took the leap yesterday and now wished I'd done it a lot sooner as my motivation has increased just by some of the positive comments I have had already, feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • hauhaut901
    hauhaut901 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Alice. I'm a 23 year old girl living in Canada. I just recently started using MFP on my phone to monitor my eating, kind of just for fun at first but after my weight gain got faster and stretch marks became a thing I started taking this a bit more seriously. I don't live a typical "healthy" lifestyle, in fact alot of people call my lifestyle terrible and for the time I agree. I am a housewife so I am at home ALL the time. This is partnered with the fact that I have severe anxiety and can't go outside often. My problem isn't eating too much but actually eating too little and not often enough. Some days I have only 1 or 2 meals a day. On top of that I don't exactly eat healthy, I pretty much live off of cereal and ramen. My life is somewhat complicated with a partner who is living in another country for a short while longer but my main reason for being here is, surprise I want to lose weight. Not alot of weight just a bit.

Four years ago I started taking Estrace a medication that increases estrogen levels and since then I've been experiencing a second puberty (embarassing). So my stomach is growing and so is my chest and with my lifestyle they are only growing more than I want. I can't do much about my eating habbits except stay under my calorie goal which isn't hard and eat 3 meals a day. What I mostly want to do is start excersizing but my motivation is so incredibly poor. On top of that since I'm somewhat of a nerd it's difficult for me to find people who are trying to lose weight who I click with. Trust me, I've tried conning many a female friend into this site.

So yeah. Here I am posting a semi-awkward intro and trying to be healthier. If you're looking for someone to chat with and to lose weight with I'd be happy to chat. Despite how strange I may sound in this post I'm pretty easy to get along with and can talk about pretty much anything. Thanks for reading this. I'm going to stop being embarrassed now and go eat some noodles.

PS: I can be kind of shy, >///<;

For a long time I only ate 1 meal a day , then people started calling it a thing, "intermitent fasting"