Thai-style peanut sauce

Options
katylil
katylil Posts: 223 Member
I posted this on my MFP wall yesterday and it seems to have gone down well with my friends so I thought I'd share it with everyone else! :)

As it's just before Pay Day, all I had left in my fridge last night was a load of green veg, so I sauteed them in a little sunflower oil and wanted a yummy sauce to go with them that would make it seem like more of a meal. This is the result of that!

The amounts I've provided made enough for me and a very large portion of green veg. Calories worked out at about 200kcal for the portion (just the sauce). Feel free to play around with the quantities until you find what works for you!

-2 full tsps of natural, organic peanut butter (I used crunchy but smooth would work just as well)
-2 tsps of soy sauce
-Half a tsp of sugar (I used white but I think brown would be lovely with this!)
-A tiny dash of fish sauce (you could easily use salt for this, I just think the fish sauce gives it a little bit of an extra kick)
-A dash of lime juice
-1 clove of freshly smushed garlic

Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl with a bit of cold water until you get the consistency you want and drizzle over sautéed greens (broccoli, courgette, spinach and asparagus was my choice), chicken, fish... the possibilities are endless!

:)

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much sounds lovely
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I do something similar with natural peanut butter and soy sauce...I don't eat fish sauce but never thought of adding lime!
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    OMG, sounds wonderful, can't wait to try!! :flowerforyou:
  • Hikr56
    Hikr56 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I was looking for such a recipe a couple weeks ago when I had leftover spaghetti noodles and broccoli in the fridge. I'm eager to try this. :smile:
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    sounds good :D
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    now I am hungry.

bookmarked.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I love Thai peanut sauce. I'm no cook, but maybe I can make this...

You' ' easily be able to do this. There's no cooking involved! Just some chopping and mixing :)
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    definitely gonna try this
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
  • aneciarobinson
    aneciarobinson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing. :)
  • ChoccyCarole
    ChoccyCarole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It sounds yummy .. I am always making up all sorts like this too
    Assorted Concoctions are so handy to make - never a dull mmmmmmm moment :tongue:
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    wave even got peanut butter in the cupboard and i dont think we have had it for years. It must have been waiting for this.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Very similar to my recipe, I usually add some ginger and chili sauce too. And although it adds more calories, I like to add a little coconut milk as well. Really makes it creamy.
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yum, thanks for sharing!
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Gotta try this! Sounds delish! Thanks for sharing!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Yum, thanks
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Now thats sounds doable and yummy