Lost 10 lbs in 3 wks trying to lose another 40 lbs

Options
Hi there,

Im new to this site. I found it by googling calories for ActII popcorn & figured I should give this site a try. Well I have two sons & a wonderful partner. I have been dieting on and off for 9 years now. The lowest I hit was 160 and the highest was 230 pounds. I am currently at 200 pounds. I have been trying to lose weight now for 3 weeks & managed to lose 10 pounds. I have an addiction to food. I started the 1st week working out and eating healthy, the 2nd week I noticed I gained weight. I than decided to go on a 3 day fast where I only drank water for 72 hours. Well once I got off this fast, I had a reconnection with food, My stomach got smaller & my stomach was cleaned out so I didnt want to fill it back up with junk. I have been eating clean ever since, I recommend the fast to detoxify the body before the journey of eating clean really begins, because once you are clean. You feel strongy agaist filling yourself up with junk. I started my journey on Jan 31st, I hope to reach my goal by June 7th (Birthday) Also what I like to do is google what real woman look like and a website called mybodygallery will show up. Once you go onto the website you can type your height and weight you are or want to be. Seeing my goal weight on someone else makes me more motivated to lose weight :)

Replies

• skytoads
    Options
    Best of luck and welcome :)
  • KristaJaneMiller
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • Hannahp1402
    Hannahp1402 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi

My goal date is also June 7th which is my birthday too and I would like to lose 60lb but would be happy with anything. Good luck!!

Hope we both do it and feel good on the day :)

Hannah
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and I wish you success. I don't have any links but I'd recommend that you have a good look around the forums to find the best path to get fitter and healthier. Don't be fooled into thinking that you need to eat the usual 1200 that mfp tends to set them up with as allowing yourself too little food is just setting yourself up for failure. Many people work out their tdee (total daily every expenditure) and minus 20% to give them a sustainable calorie goal and reasonable deficit. It's also worth working out your bmr - basically the calories your body would need in a day just to keep your organs functioning if you didn't move - you shouldn't eat less than that amount daily. I'm at the lower end of the healthy weight range, between 5'3 and 5'4 and I can maintain eating around 1650 a day and more if I exercise. Can anyone provide the links for getting started? Also there are no 'bad' foods. Enjoy everything in moderation and just make sure the majority of your foods are fresh whole foods. Personally I would likely feel deprived and give up on healthy eating without a couple of squares of chocolate a day. Enjoy your journey :)
  • mishka45
    mishka45 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Would like to wish you success in getting to your goal!! :smile: