New here

Options
Hello! My name is Sammy and I am new here. I lost over 20 pounds about 5 years ago and now that I am married, have a toddler, and am having a lot of stress I have gained 8 pounds. I know that's not a lot but I usually gain 5 pounds in the winter at the most and lose it pretty quickly. I have been up and down with my weight this whole winter and am upset about it and need to do something different. I have a lot of stress right now and I am a stress eater, so I need to find something else to replace my nighttime snacking. I am still working out but am struggling to motivate myself to get in the gym and when I'm there I can't wait to finish so I dont work out as hard or as long. What keeps you motivated and if you are a night time snacker or a stress eater, how do you overcome it?? Thanks!

Replies

• Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi Sammy! For me what helped was water & coffee. Just filled myself up in the evening. Plus I have a 4 year old so my evenings are filled with laundry and cleaning and all that stuff. I rarely sit to watch something because I'm usually ready to pass out come evening! As far as struggling with motivation maybe set mini goals for yourself or get a reward prize or go with a friend if possible? Good luck!!
  • TayNLansNGraysDad
    TayNLansNGraysDad Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Friend request sent!