Gross what was I thinking?`

Options
Ok so today was nuts and had the electric light parade tonight (I had a float for Relay for Life), so I was so hungry after and so were the kids so I went to McDonalds and got food. I think in all reality it's been 4 months since I ate any fast food. I ate a spicy chicken sandwhich (I scraped all the mayo off) and a small fry.

It's been an hour and I've never felt so crappy.

Ick o for sure.

Replies

• Hummmingbird
    Hummmingbird Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i didnt do so hot today either! but no worries...tomorrow is a new day! yaaaay!
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I did McDonalds last week for the first time in about 5 months myself; it was the ABSOLUTE GROSSEST thing I have ever eaten! I felt sick the rest of the day and wondered how in the hell I ate that food so often and liked it in my former life!

I'm happy to know that I don't like that food anymore:smile:
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    You know what's funny? As soon as I read the title of your post, I thought to myself - I bet this has to do with McDonalds!

I had the same experience earlier this week. I only ate half of what I got, and I felt terrible for the next 6 hours. Never, ever again....

L.
  • WonderLady
    Options
    i cant remember when was the last time i ate one.see how disgust u'r with them,i dont think i miss anything.:) living healthy is not a problem i guess.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I don't think I could stomach a big mac these days if I tried and I used to love that place as a kid and through-out my young adult-hood.
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    yes gross....I tried it once after making the changes and I never felt so sick, makes you wonder huh? Like what what do they do to that food that makes a healthy bound person feel icky and yet I remember a time when I couldn't roll by a mcdonalds without turning into the drive thru......big macs were my best friend. I couldn't even wait to get home, by the time I pulled up i'd have lettuce all over the place, driving and eating. yuk!
  • princessmedic
    Options
    I went to McDonalds this morning...and I never eat there! But for some reason I was craving pancakes and syrup....and was too lazy to make them after I got off work at 7. The sad thing was I loved it~until I added the calories in. I should have had a peanut butter sandwich instead.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I did this with Jack in the Box this week because I was craving it, after not having eaten any fast food (except for In n' Out) since July. I used to eat Jack in the Box daily.

I had SUCH a bad stomachache and other related symptoms that would be TMI to extrapolate on.

I don't know how I used to do it. Gross. My stomach definitely lost whatever resistance it had to that crap.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    exactly my stomach is killing me! It was just amazing to me how icky I felt right after I ate it. Nasty stuff. I know that I won't be doing that again.
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    I wish my mind would tell ME that, but I am the opposite, I love that place and no matter how hard I try to get it out of my mind its a terrible addiction!!!! I use to eat there every second day or more!!!! Now I do it once a week as I take my daughter on a playdate there with a bunch of friends every friday! I don't feel guilty for it though, I use to eat way more when I'd go, like a big mac meal AND a few bites of whatever my kids were having and then sometimes desert, now I have a cheeseburger and small fry instead! I hope one day I won't be able to stomach that place, but I doubt it, lol.
  • Jenn97355
    Jenn97355 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel!! I don't even like McDonalds but the other day I had a craving for a fast food chicken something, and I ate one from there, and the WHOLE day I felt *yuck*....I thought maybe I was getting sick, but it was the food, odd how our bodies know...I also had 10 fries,lol, and my stomach was NOT happy with the oils...ew. I am happy that I can think to myself "Gross-what was I thinking?" It shows I've grown and it makes me happy!!! And proud of myself for doing something FANTASTIC for ME :bigsmile:
  • meeshers
    meeshers Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I had pizza today and it tasted so salty to me that my mouth hurt!! And now i feel gross too! Next time I look at fast food longingly I'll try to remember this feeling instead :tongue:

Well, back to working hard and eating right tomorrow!
  • emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    Options
    I've been on the healthy track for about 3 months now, and I haven't had McDonalds yet. Yay!

I did have A&W though :( And it was nicht-so-gut. A complete waste of nearly a days worth of calories.
  • Minicat
    Options
    My sis-in-law bought the book "Eat This, Not That". It's a big help when going to fast food places...I like to order a large water and a healthy salad when I am with others and don't have a choice of fast food places. I drink the water first which will curb my appetite then I go for the salad. Hope you feel better!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    yeah I have that book. LOL
    I just was thinking I'll have a chicken sand (forgot to ask no mayo) and a small fry. Ughhhhhhhh yuck...
    Pure poison I tell you