When could you tell you'd lost weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• shelleypetro3
    Options
    You know, I totally love this website. My dieting began on February 1, 2014. The third week I weighed myself i weighted in at least 20 pounds lighter. That was about a week ago. (going to weigh myself today and im sure ive lost a few more) BUT, I haven't noticed a change other than my clothes getting looser. So I assumed that i haven't been loosing. But I feel like it. Although my eyes can't see it, my clothes are a bit looser. So anyway what im trying to say is, before reading everyones comments on this website about their personal experiences and somewhat comparing it to mine (but keep in mind everyone is different), I felt like giving up! But even though the scale may be at a standstill, which mine has been, it doesnt meant youre not loosing weight. Never go by the mirror or scale.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I use a belt to help me see/feel the difference (aside from the scale). If I start to feel comfortable when I use the next belt hole over, I know for a fact that something good is happening. You look at yourself every day I'm sure, but your friends might see you days or weeks later. They will more easily spot the difference than you will. Also, if there's one thing I've learned over years of dieting (going up and down) it's that as you're losing weight you'll definitely get smaller, but until the fat is nearly gone to a healthy (or fit) level, your tummy section will still look a little bit on the 'fluffy' side, just smaller. Even skinny people have this 'fluffiness' until they tone their body with regular exercise. Stay positive, use different methods to measure your success (like measuring your waist and weighing yourself) and don't give what you see in the mirror too much weight (no pun intended). ;)

Using the belt is a really good idea!!! I'm gonna start that tomorrow!

say whaaat? :wink:
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Took me a good 30 lbs to walk past a mirror and have to look twice to make sure it really was me !
  • sarahslosingit2014
    Options
    I am down 16 lbs or so and the only thing I really notice is my clothes fitting looser. To me, I look the exact same. I started at 240 or a little more, and am now at 224, so still a long way to go. My clothes still fit, they just fit looser now and I was able to fit into a few things that I outgrew awhile back. I am sure no one else has noticed, including my DH, but that's okay. They will ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!