Irritated slightly

Options
I'm down 27 lbs I see NO difference and my clothes barely fit better...when I say barely, I'm not exaggerating. I don't really know what my point is here, except, I thought it would be more noticeable. I've taken before and afters too...no difference.

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    lose more
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm not even considering giving up. I'll never let it get this bad again, I assure you lol.
    lose more
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Also you should eat your daily calories.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements?

I always lose my weight first in the places that dont bother me in the first place. I don't care if my legs have lost weight, I cant see them past my belly anyways! =P
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I just checked your diary too and you really should eat more. It will help you feel better too. It really takes a long time to notice weight loss if there is a lot to lose.
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    You may be being a bit hard on yourself. 27 pounds lost is very good progress. Looking in your profile photos, I can see a difference. Keep it up!

Sometimes people don't see the changes in themselves as easily as others see them. The last time I bulked, I didn't realize that I had gained so much muscle in my legs until I tried to put on my wranglers for date night. I managed to get them halfway up my thighs and my Beautiful Wife was laughing her *kitten* off at me. I thought maybe I washed some of my shirts in HOT until my Beautiful Wife let me know that, "No, you just outgrew them". It happens...
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    I suspect you are being overly harsh on yourself. You have almost lost have of your weight loss goal, and I would imagine you have lost at least two clothing sizes (in australia 5 to 7 kilos is approx a clothing size down).

Practice being kinder to yourself, accept that the the brain is a little slower than the scales to catch on, stop wearing baggy clothes, take some photos with better fitting clothes and you will see the difference.

In addition it is not all about the scales, your health must have improved as well as your fitness.
  • ChaoticMiNd
    Options
    MFP suggested that I recalculate them but I didn't. I'm losing steadily, in fact I started the first week of January.
    Also you should eat your daily calories.
  • gamagem
    gamagem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary you seem to eat a lot of junk. Yes you are under calories, but jeez. Sonny's, taco bell, zaxbys etc...I only looked at a few days, but saw enough. You're probably just all bloated up. Cut out the going out to eat, and eat those calories in lower sodium, healthier options to lose the water weight.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I lost about 20 and did not see much difference either. I then took a water aerobics and body sculpting class and my pants started to fall off. Try some new exercises to recompose your body. Something with resistance even just body weight could make a big difference.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My first 30 pounds were the most frustrating.... the only place I noticeably lost was my feet, and my face! Then suddenly things started shifting and my clothes began looking huge on me. Just have a little more patience, keep at it and you will get there.

And along with what everyone is saying about eating your calories, the more active you become, and the better you feel your body is going to NEED that fuel even more. Make sure you eat your calories, and make them count! Eat good solid foods, do not go for the quick easy "diet" foods. Healthy Fats, Carbs, Protein.... these really are your friends!

Best of luck :drinker:
  • ChaoticMiNd
    Options
    I agree. I've had a horrible week (that time of the month) in my defense though, what I'm saying is the weight I have lost hasn't made a difference (at least much) that I notice in my clothing or when I look in the mirror.
    Looking at your diary you seem to eat a lot of junk. Yes you are under calories, but jeez. Sonny's, taco bell, zaxbys etc...I only looked at a few days, but saw enough. You're probably just all bloated up. Cut out the going out to eat, and eat those calories in lower sodium, healthier options to lose the water weight.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    You may not notice much if you wear pants with elastic??? Try on some fitted clothing and take pics . You will see a difference , sometimes we don`t see it ourselves because we still visualize our old self in the reflection in the mirror. Try to think of the positives and keep doing what your doing. 3 10 pounds of potatoes that you are not carrying around any more must feel great on your knees !!!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    If the photos in your profile are the ones you refer to, I see a big difference between the middle pic and the end pic. I think you are being too hard on yourself.
  • VictoriaSteel
    Options
    Looked at your diary, and you are eating terribly! Add some fruits and veggies and cut out all of the salt...you probably can't see a differnece b/c you're bloated.
  • gamagem
    gamagem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I agree. I've had a horrible week (that time of the month) in my defense though, what I'm saying is the weight I have lost hasn't made a difference (at least much) that I notice in my clothing or when I look in the mirror.
    I actually do see a difference in your pics, but all i'm saying is maybe you're retaining water too. I know when I go out to eat a lot, I bloat up like the good year blimp and my jeans will barely fit. Throw in that time of the month and you probably have the Atlantic ocean stored up in you. :). Watch your sodium/potassium intake for the next couple of weeks and maybe you're body will lose that excess water weight. Try to eat double the amount of potassium as you have in sodium, but get the potassium naturally and not from supplements as that can be dangerous. Ex. 1500mg in sodium, 3000mg Potassium. I hope that will help you.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

That really doesn't matter. As long as she's eating at a calorie deficit and losing weight, it's working.

Now it's time for some body recomp. OP, try starting some weight lifting and strength training, and move into heavy lifting. Your body will reshape itself and you'll be happy with the results. You're doing a great job so far losing weight, just keep working at it.

What's the difference in your clothing size from start to now?
  • ChaoticMiNd
    Options
    I smacked my forehead lol. I was like OMG I've had the WORST week so far and make a post lol. Yes, a lot you guys are saying makes sense. I'm a 'recovering' junk food junky...believe me, for me, I'm doing well....go back about two weeks lol.
    I actually do see a difference in your pics, but all i'm saying is maybe you're retaining water too. I know when I go out to eat a lot, I bloat up like the good year blimp and my jeans will barely fit. Throw in that time of the month and you probably have the Atlantic ocean stored up in you. :). Watch your sodium/potassium intake for the next couple of weeks and maybe you're body will lose that excess water weight. Try to eat double the amount of potassium as you have in sodium, but get the potassium naturally and not from supplements as that can be dangerous. Ex. 1500mg in sodium, 3000mg Potassium. I hope that will help you.
  • ChaoticMiNd
    Options
    For the past two years I've only worn sweats or stretchy stuff. I'm just now getting into my 'fat' jeans...19 jrs. I quit smoking and gained a LOT of weight. I just started the ellliptical, and I have some small weights. I hope to start doing more as well.

That really doesn't matter. As long as she's eating at a calorie deficit and losing weight, it's working.

Now it's time for some body recomp. OP, try starting some weight lifting and strength training, and move into heavy lifting. Your body will reshape itself and you'll be happy with the results. You're doing a great job so far losing weight, just keep working at it.

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    For the past two years I've only worn sweats or stretchy stuff. I'm just now getting into my 'fat' jeans...19 jrs. I quit smoking and gained a LOT of weight. I just started the ellliptical, and I have some small weights. I hope to start doing more as well.

You're gettting there, just keep on going. Don't sweat the critics. Try making good choices with moderation as your goal. It's okay to have Taco Bell once in a while, just make sure it's fitting into your calorie deficit and carb/fat/protein goals.