2 weeks and not a pound!!

Options
I have been doing really good for the past 2 weeks and nothing! I was so upset this morning when I got on the scales. I haven't gained any pounds or inches but I've been swimming and doing the elipical at home for an hour for 3-5 days a week.

WHATS THE DEAL!!!!!!!

SORRY, Im just really upset!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• JenniferMann24
    Options
    I have been doing really good for the past 2 weeks and nothing! I was so upset this morning when I got on the scales. I haven't gained any pounds or inches but I've been swimming and doing the elipical at home for an hour for 3-5 days a week.

WHATS THE DEAL!!!!!!!

SORRY, Im just really upset!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    If you hadn't been exercising before, it's normal for your muscles to start retaining water and glycogen stores.

Give it time, and concentrate on feeling better. I know this is hard, but it takes patience!:flowerforyou:

Here's an article that's saved my sanity many times.

http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    Thanks!:smile:
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options

Here's an article that's saved my sanity many times.

http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm

This article was awesome... Thanks for posting!!! :flowerforyou:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    also keep in mind that all that working out is building muscle, which is replacing the fat..and Muscle weighs more than fat.

Ive been having a problem with not losing pounds, but i am feeling much stronger so i know that some of that fat is gone and has been replaced with muscle.

Chin up and keep up the good work!!!
  • MrPilon
    MrPilon Posts: 12
    Options
    Yeah you gotta remeber that anything liek this takes time. About 2 years ago i lost about 50 pounds in about 6 months but it happened very slowly and i started to get really upset by the third month but i stuck to it and slowly i saw that pants were starting to slip down a little. Some of my shirts were way to big for me. It takes time you just gotta hold on and don't give up because thats when you just hurt yourself.