Please Join My Angry Mob

Replies

• usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Although I'm not doubting the need to hear both sides of a case before reaching a verdict, I do still think it’s time to re-watch 12 Angry Men. Because it is awesome.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    tl;dr

But if someone is cooking? In!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Quit reading at "pertinacious."
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Although I'm not doubting the need to hear both sides of a case before reaching a verdict, I do still think it’s time to re-watch 12 Angry Men. Because it is awesome.

+1
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    In... Conditionally.
    Do you have cookies?
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    will you cook for us?
    +1 I'd be all over that!

You don't want food cooked with so much anger... It's just not clean.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    In for the big words and pitchforks :P
  • marye2021
    marye2021 Posts: 225 Member
    In for identifying charlatans with vigorous debate, pitchfork and torch at the ready . . .

+ Bacon

You had me at bacon...
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Why do I care? I can assure you I have no interest in policing anybody’s *kitten*, mental or otherwise. But in this cyberspatial age, this particular brand of self-indulgence has been turned into a spectator sport, and I a member of its captive audience.
    This guy watches me *kitten*?
    Brian Griffin: Uhh, I don't think that's going to be a possibility, uhhh, I have plans, with Chris! Chris and I have plans this afternoon!
    Chris Griffin: [Chris walks by] We do?
    Brian Griffin: Yeah, yeah! We're doing that thing, we're doing what you usually do on a Thursday afternoon!
    Chris Griffin: *kitten*?
    Brian Griffin: That's it, that's what we're going to do together.
    Chris Griffin: Well, maybe back to back, but I gotta tell you, I'm not 100% on this.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Interest piqued at pertinacious.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I was just hoping ACG was going to post pictures of his meals he has cooked.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    I know exactly what you mean. The paleo activists in particular have been driving me a bit nuts lately. Ok, do what you do, but nobody has to agree with you, and rambling on for pages and pages is so unnecessary, especially when you gloss over/dismiss the counterarguments! That is just one example, but I agree. Many of these arguments wouldn't last 2 seconds in a formal debate.

Not to bash paleo people in any sense, but there have just been many threads on this recently where people get way too out of control.
    But paleo prevents and cures ALL DISEASES!

B-b-but what if you have diseases AND JUST DON'T KNOW IT?!?! How do you KNOW you aren't suffering? PROVE TO ME THAT YOU DON'T SUFFER!!!!

be-afraid-be-very-afraid-1.jpg
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    hmmm, smart and sexy. WINNER!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    In for charlatans, 12 Angry Men, and picking our poison.

Loved the last sentence:
    "And we can decide that every time somebody tries to make us render a verdict based on whatever small piece of the whole truth they happen to be peddling, that all it makes us is- angry."
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    I'm in simply because I'm freaking mad that "healthful" and it's charming adverbial form "healthfully" now seem to be words.
    There is a word for that already.
    "Healthy" or "Healthily".
    I'm in for mobs.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    tumblr_lz9gr5N6KC1qbowx0.jpg

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
  • dwoodmanjr
    dwoodmanjr Posts: 89 Member
    I completely agree - but the original black-and-white Henry Fonda version. Not the Showtime remake with George C. Scott and Jack Lemmon

Oops - meant to include original post about re-watching 12 Angry Men. still learning how to use message boards for other than trolling ;-)
  • PikaKnight
    I'm in simply because I'm freaking mad that "healthful" and it's charming adverbial form "healthfully" now seem to be words.
    There is a word for that already.
    "Healthy" or "Healthily".
    I'm in for mobs.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. :flowerfoyou:
  • PikaKnight
    tumblr_lz9gr5N6KC1qbowx0.jpg

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

spongebob1.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I completely agree - but the original black-and-white Henry Fonda version. Not the Showtime remake with George C. Scott and Jack Lemmon

Oops - meant to include original post about re-watching 12 Angry Men. still learning how to use message boards for other than trolling ;-)
    Schools now do the play and call it "12 Angry Jurors" so girls can be in it.