NSV: Somebody Noticed and Yay for Pants!

Options
So, small victory so far, but a victory nonetheless. At about 14lbs down, today a coworker who I hadn't seen in a few weeks asked me if I had lost weight. She has lost about 50lbs over the past year and has been a support system in the past, but I really haven't talked with her this time around about the fact that I was trying to get back on the wagon. I was wearing my zipped-up coat over a bulky sweater, with a scarf tucked into the coat, and she immediately asked if I had lost weight! YAY!

Also, on Monday, I pulled a pair of pants out of my closet that I have literally never worn before. I bought them at the beginning of the school year (I am a high school teacher), thinking that they would be fine to wear "in five pounds." I then proceeded to gain weight and the pants went to the back of the closet. Well, they fit perfectly on Monday and now I have another article of professional clothing. Good motivation and a reminder that I have a BUNCH of stuff in smaller sizes waiting for me as I keep on working!

Replies

• RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    wow!!! Congrats.... :drinker: Keep up the good work...I cant wait for this to happen to me... :flowerforyou:
  • hf91
    hf91 Posts: 23
    Options
    Congratulations! There's nothing better than these little victories to help keep you motivated and up your mood! Especially cool for your weight loss to be noticed in bulky winter gear! Keep it up =].
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I think NSVs are better than loss on the scale! Great job!!
  • laurelthistle
    laurelthistle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! The NSVs are so important in keeping the motivation going!
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Great work!! I love it when my clothes get to big or I can fit into something I did not think I could ever weat again. I recently had to clean out my closet because almost everything was too big and gave away 5 lawn garbage bags full of clothes and it was the best feeling in the world!! :drinker:
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling that is!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!

Love the pants thing. New York and Company currently have their buy one get one pants event, so I bought a few pairs in my current size and the free ones are all the next size down. Motivation because my current work pants are soooo ready for donation.
  • treineck
    treineck Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV!!! Keep up the good work, and ... I LOVE your profile pic lol!!! I want to steal it!
  • secwife47
    secwife47 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to get to the "other side of my closet". Where all the stuff i bought dont fit and my other side of the underwear drawer. I wont need to buy clothes for a while. I can already feel the difference in my jeans. And it is a good feeling.
  • capnlizard
    capnlizard Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I was starting to get a little frustrated because I felt like I had lost some weight, but nothing really noticeable, so this was exactly the motivation that I needed! I am looking forward to hopefully fitting into a few more things over the next month or so and expanding my wardrobe without spending too much money on "in-between" sizes.

And yeah, I was a fan of my pudgy profile pic :)
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yay for pants! None of my jeans fit me anymore and I've been wearing my gym clothes 24/7 on the weekends because I still have so much to lose, I don't want to buy new pants. But it's getting ridiculous. I get paid on Friday, so I'm going to buy one pair of cheap jeans this weekend. NSV!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    That is so exciting!!!! Good for you! Keep it up :):):)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!