Hello!

Options
Hello fellow weight loss members! I just joined today, but figure I would help those who need motivation and try to find some motivation for my self along the way. I started out this year Jan 1, 2014 with a goal to lose 30 pounds.

I will be first to admit I had terrible diet and kept making excuses for myself, I've always been big, at 5' 8'' 230 pounds, but in December of 2013 I decided enough is enough. Just to give you a brief look at my diet before:

I work an office job, so I sit for 8 hours a day and drive 1 hour to work and 1 hour home. So realistically I'm sitting for 10 hours a day. On my lunch break I would never bring in my lunch so I was constantly eating out: McDonalds, Subway, TacoBell, Chinese food, you name it. Not to mention, I hate vegetables, all except onions.

I managed to turn that around and since January 1st, 2014 i've managed to lose 25 pounds. I know people say don't weight yourself every day, but I turned that into an office game for me. I have a calendar next to my desk and every day i put down how much i weigh and it's awesome to see just how often your weight fluctuates. Also, it gives me motivation when i go back and see the points where i was really mad and wanted to quit. for example. I was 210 for an entire week and i even up'd my work out to 5 days a week and still nothing.

If I could share anything from my current experience is not to give up and build your self control. Saying "NO" is one of the hardest things I've ever had to learn. Especially in a work place where just about everyone goes out to eat.

Now i just need to stay focused, I'm no longer calling this a diet, but a change in lifestyle since i have developed years of bad eating habits.

Replies

• Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Congrats and good luck!
  • roxannedd1988
    Options
    Hello and welcome! :-)
  • cmaguire305
    cmaguire305 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in a very similar boat. I forget what I told MFP I wanted to lose but it's something over 30 lbs. I also work in an office and sometimes find it very difficult to get moving throughout the day. So I have to make time after work to hit the gym or do something. I also always make my own lunch. I don't have enough time in the day to work off a fast-food lunch. Anyway, just wanted to say welcome and good luck. Sounds like you're off to a great start.