FitBit Flex

Options
Hi, just ordered one today - was just wondering who had one and what do you think of it??

Replies

• drangonfly2323
    drangonfly2323 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear feedback as well since I just ordered mine.
  • justindtapp
    justindtapp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a force and love it. Syncs well with MFP. Put your workout info (calories burned) into MFP and it will make sure to subtract that amount from its own estimation of your activity.
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    following...DYING to order one, but can't swing it right now with tuition payments!
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    have fitbit ONE and love it! it syncs to MFP as well.
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    got my flex a week ago - loving it!!
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit One and love it. I don't have to do anything to make it work. I just wear it clipped to my pocket, and it automatically syncs.
  • knighteyz
    knighteyz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have my fitbit flex since August and I love it.
  • grumpyldo
    Options
    I have a Force, about 2 months now and no issues. Syncs well. Vibrating alarm wakes me up. And even though I have a skin condition taken care of by doctors and medication I have had no skin irritation!!
  • tasha_rena
    tasha_rena Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can't live without mine!
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and I love that it syncs with MFP. It works great for walking/running activities but not so well on others. I mainly bought it for the walk/run activities and sleep tracking though so I don't mind. The sleep tracking is awesome!
  • 4d9r
    4d9r Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I got my Fitbit Flex delivered on Valentine's Day this year. I love it! It vibrates and lights up when I have hit my goal steps for the day (10000), and the information on the Fitbit site includes not only number of steps, but calories burned, sleep quality/time, distance, how many minutes you have been very active, etc. Plus, you can see what your friends on Fitbit have done in relation to how you are doing, which is motivating. You also get a weekly report emailed to you about your week, which is nice. So far, loving the Fitbit! And I got it through my airmiles, if anyone has them and is thinking of getting a Fitbit. Think it was 1100 Airmiles.
  • Monticello1
    Monticello1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been reading reviews on the Flex, One and Jawbone and ended up buying the Flex. Love it and it really does some amazing things such as the Sleep Tracker. Set up and syncing is easy and is wireless. Its almost like having a personal trainer by your side. It makes you aware of your eating habit and activities level which is very helpful. I would recommend definitely linking to Myfitnesspal though to get the full benefit of the flex and the fitnesspal website. :happy:
  • mkcongrove1
    mkcongrove1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am currently on my third, yes THIRD, flex. I love my fitbit but the first one I had stopped charging. It started out that I would have to wrap a rubber band around it when I charged it to keep the contact and then after about a month that quit working too. They sent me a replacement, free of charge! And then the second one after only 2 months wouldn't HOLD a charge. I was having to charge it everyother day! So I contacted them again, and they replaced it for free. They're great with MFP, be warned there is a recall out on the one with the clock right now. I love my fitbit despite all the problems I've had. I'm concerend that when my year is up however, that I will be forced to buy another one when this one breaks (and I'm confident that it will).
  • HeatherRM14
    HeatherRM14 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just switched to a flex from the ultra after I broke my 2nd ultra and I didn't want to ask my husband's work for a 3rd one. I love the flex so far. I will 2nd the poster who said it's great for walking/running activities but not so great for other stuff. I take a total body fitness class that involves a lot of body weight exercises and not a lot of movement so I don't get many "steps" for that class 2x/week.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and I love that it syncs with MFP. It works great for walking/running activities but not so well on others. I mainly bought it for the walk/run activities and sleep tracking though so I don't mind. The sleep tracking is awesome!
    Activity trackers (like Fitbit or Jawbone UP) track step based activity. Non-step workouts (like spinning or swimming) should be logged either in the tracker or in MFP. (I find the trackers' burns to be way more accurate.)

Activity trackers show you your TDEE. I wasn't losing much weight at all until I got one. It took some trial & error to find what settings work best for me, but it was totally worth it!
  • jquick25
    Options
    i have one this is my first day wearing it all day. do you still have to put in ur mintues exercised or does it already do that? I am a bit confused. so far i love it
  • lindsayomalley
    lindsayomalley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've had my flec for about a week now and it's obsessive. I check the app every few minutes on my phone and have it synced to MFP. Make sure you enter all of your food and exercise onto MFPm once you sync the two apps.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    i have one also, just got it about a week ago and i am still trying to figure out how to use it. i don't know how to get it to sync with mfp though i guess i still have to play around with it. i love that it tells me how many steps i took and my sleep pattern.
  • salaxander
    salaxander Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just got mine and this is where I've been confused so far. If you log your exercise in MFP, aren't you counting it twice since FitBit automatically does the calorie adjustment based on what it tracks?
  • jquick25
    Options
    that is what i am confushed on to