Quest bars..

Options
People seem to love their quest bars.. what makes them so loveable? Aren't they just protein bars?

Thanks.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    they are but they are higher in protein an have a better protein:carb ratio than most of the other ones out there

they seem to all have 20g of protein and 20ish g of carbs which usually includes 10-14g of fiber vs. most other brands have 6-8 g protein with 15-25 carbs and a significant amount of sugar.

Most of their flavors are pretty darn good too - try the choc chip cookie dough
  • Just_Bella
    Options
    They are freaking delicious!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Protein bars that are delicious! I'm finishing off at a coconut cashew as I type. Not only are they great for protein, they are an excellent source of fiber too.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I just bought my first box. I got the variety pack of 12. So far I've had Cinnamon Roll and Banana Nut Muffin and they are great! I do get a little bit of an aftertaste but that isn't uncommon with bars so high in protein (in my experience).
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    As a picky eater, I can honestly say the ones I have tried are delicious!
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've had the cinnamon roll flavor and the Chocolate peanutbutter - I tihnk they taste like scented candles, if I was to ever eat one.
  • ManjeetBhatia
    ManjeetBhatia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    They are high in fiber and are available in lots of flavors. A little more expensive than the usual box at Costco or Sam's (not the same brand) though. They are on sale today. Check my other thread. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1212744-quest-bars-on-sale
  • britgetsfit1
    britgetsfit1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wondered the same thing for weeks until I ventured out last week to buy a few samples.

Just had the Cookies and Cream bar as my morning snack a few minutes ago. Heated in the toaster oven until the top started to brown- seriously so delicious.

This is all considering. 1 gram of sugar. 21 grams of protein. Keeps me for hours.
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    High protein, high fiber, low fat and a great taste.
    What else do you want in your foods or snacks?
    Love 'em (though my budget doesn't)
  • jennafer32
    jennafer32 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord they are good I just had my first one over the weekend. You can bake them up, melt them do what ever to them and it's like your having a treat that's loaded with protein. But beware I learned the hard way it does have sugar substitue in the ingredients and I am very sensitive to it so I have a box with some missing that I must get rid of :(
    My favorite was cookies and cream. I bought the whole box of chocolate chip cookie dough and if you cut it in half microwave for 10 sec on parchement paper in the microwave then spread some chocolate pb on one place the other one on top smash down and bake for 7 min on 350 oh my was so good......
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    They are freaking delicious!

QFT! I had cookies & cream this morning, and I have a box of chocolate peanut butter that I really like, but I know it's not everyone's favorite. I got a sampler box once so I wouldn't end up buying a whole box that I might not like. That would be my suggestion to you. They have one with their most popular flavors, but I'm not sure if you have to get that from the Quest website or if you can get it through GNC as well.
  • kaaaaylee
    Options
    Thanks everyone I'll definitely be trying them soon!
  • Lld320
    Lld320 Posts: 81
    Options
    Don't waste your money