Coffee

Options
What brand(s) of coffee do you like that isn't bitter tasting?

Replies

• ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Folgers, good to the last drop
  • einzweidrei
    einzweidrei Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Buy something that is "mild roast" and then don't add tons of grounds.
  • stutba
    stutba Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    8 O'clock. Smooth, never bitter
  • burbmama
    Options
    Flyingbean

Hot air roasted so no burnt taste and tons of flavors that are no sugar added
  • huneydrop
    Options
    mmmmm starbucks!
  • wildrosegeo
    wildrosegeo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Local roasters, where possible. I look for fair trade, organic when I can get it.

That said, I am currently drinking some Kick *kitten* because it was on sale at the grocery store (and it's roasted where I used to live, on the other side of Canada)
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    any of the light roasts
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Now I want some coffee. Fortunately I have my Chick-fil-A all you can drink coffee mug with me.
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm not too picky when it comes to coffee, but I like Folger's, Green Mountain, and Caribou.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    If you can find some coffee that was processed "dry" (I think it was), it'll likely taste fruity. Also likely more expensive, but it's really good.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    If you brew at home . . . have you cleaned your coffee maker? I only bring that up because lately my coffee was sort of bitter tasting and even though I changed from French Roast to Sumatra it was still not how I remember it - then it dawned on me that I really need to clean out my coffee maker. Coffee is really oily and the residue gets rancid resuting in bitter coffee :smile:
  • veggiegirl228
    veggiegirl228 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you brew at home . . . have you cleaned your coffee maker? I only bring that up because lately my coffee was sort of bitter tasting and even though I changed from French Roast to Sumatra it was still not how I remember it - then it dawned on me that I really need to clean out my coffee maker. Coffee is really oily and the residue gets rancid resuting in bitter coffee :smile:

I clean the drip coffee maker every month with vinegar/water solution.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'll be looking at the stores this weekend :)
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Local roasters, where possible. I look for fair trade, organic when I can get it.

That said, I am currently drinking some Kick *kitten* because it was on sale at the grocery store (and it's roasted where I used to live, on the other side of Canada)

I love that coffee, so delicious. I pay more for it then the cheaper coffees. I drink my coffee black.
    I cant drink the locally roasted coffee in my town, I find it too bitter, reminds me of starbucks.

I also found that Kick *kitten* doesn't have me running to the bathroom 30 min after drinking like cheaper coffees do.
    Currently drinking coffee beans we got from a Cuba trip.