Cold Feet

Options
LeGaCyGiAnT124
LeGaCyGiAnT124 Posts: 158 Member
How many of you have poor circulation in your feet and seem to always be cold?

I can be sweating at the gym, and my feet still feel freezing.

My commute to work is over an hour long and I leave the hottest setting of hot air on my feet and they are still cold.

My feet are cold now at work, so it got me thinking to write this. Who else suffers from this? Any solution?

Replies

• TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    YES. and hands. no idea why. i hope someone can help.
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Every day! :(
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Could be a thyroid issue... Have doctor check your levels
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Same here, my hands too. I've heard that poor circulation can be a sign of diabetes, which runs in my family.
    yikes >___< Being cold all over can mean thyroid issues or anemia. I've just been to a doctor to get it checked out and am waiting for results back now.

I try to do lots of stretches to increase blood flow through my arms and legs, especially at work or when I have been sitting for a long time.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i have Raynaud's disease. i hate it.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT124
    Options
    ^^^

Don't tell me I have something wrong with me woman!!! :(
  • LeGaCyGiAnT124
    Options
    I don't know anyone in my family that is diabetic.

I am 5'9", 196 pounds, healthy, and work out a lot and drink a lot of water. Not saying I can't get it, but I highly doubt it.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    There's a medical condition called Reynaud's (or similar, can't remember the exact name) which results in poor circulation to the hands and/or feet and one of the main symptoms is the hands and/or feet feeling very cold, it can be painfully cold in the winter as well. Whether it's that or not, it does sound like some kind of circulatory problem so it's worth getting it checked out.

ETA: while diabetes can cause circulatory problems, there are plenty of other things that can cause it, not necessarily anything severe. AFAIK Reynaud's isn't a severe condition, just annoying and painful. It's not a sign of anything badly wrong, (correct me on that if I'm wrong, i'm not expert)
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Yes and my hands too. It is cured by putting them on my bf's warm junk.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I agree with the thyroid possibility. This is such a vital gland that when it goes on the blink it can cause mayhem, cold hands and feet are only the start for those who are unfortunate enough to be troubled by it.

You could start by taking your temperature (monitoring it for several days) even before you fall out of bed in the morning because low thyroid levels make you run slow or cold and having a low temp first thing can be an indicator. Ladies please take into consideration your temp should spike regularly.

Referring to someone as "woman" is not the most politest terminology especially when they have gone out of their way to help.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Could just be from not eating enough calories. Happened to me.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT124
    Options
    I wasn't being mean by it...

I should say that my feet feel warm to to the touch, but it's more so my toes that are cold than anything. My feet aren't physically cold but feel cold.
  • Empty_Calories
    Empty_Calories Posts: 81 Member
    Options

This actually just made me LOL at my desk. Literally. :laugh: :blushing:
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Any time I get a bit chilled, my hands and feet get physically cold. Happens to most of my side of the family (including my son). I always figured it was just an overly-senstive cold response -- keep the blood in the core where the important stuff is or something. Doesn't seem to be the same thing as what you describe, 'tho -- if I'm working out hard indoors (or even skiing hard) they'll warm back up. None much I've ever been able to do able it other than (1) wear warm stuff (wool socks / good gloves / insulated headware (a cold head will trigger my symptoms faster than anything) (2) work out hard (which doesn't seem to work for you).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help :-(
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

This actually just made me LOL at my desk. Literally. :laugh: :blushing:

I'm lucky he loves me enough to deal with my evil ways. I don't think anything is wrong with me besides maybe less than stellar circulation. I don't look for illness when there probably isn't one. I just have cold extremities.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Has been a problem my whole life....even when I was fit and thin. I always have to have socks on in the winter and always have tea or something in hand to keep my hands warm. I'm used to it so I don't think about it much anymore.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT124
    Options
    Smartwool socks definitely help, but I don't have 7 pairs of them to wear everyday lol.

I should say that eventually they do warm up at the gym, but not as fast as my upper body.

Like when I am driving to work, I actually crack the window during the winter because I am hot/sweating up top but blowing the heat on my feet still. It's more of an annoyance than anything!
  • LeGaCyGiAnT124
    Options
    I also have a tendency to change my socks when I get home from work. Tighter socks make my feet warmer compared to looser ones that basically keep my feet just as warm as if I didn't have socks on at all.
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have anemia so I am constantly cold anyway, but my feet get awful at times, lots of wooly socks help! :smile: