need to lose 10 pounds in roughly 15 days

Options
1235»

Replies

• krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    my brother used to do wrestling and had to lose weight before weigh-ins to stay in his category. He would exercise with heavy clothes on and a garbage bag underneath his shirt (weird, but it was to sweat more) and not drink water. It's not healthy, though.
    You could try a juice fast or something. Try restricting more than usual, just so you can make the cut! From then out, try to just eat healthier to maintain your loss (or to make it a *real* loss, rather than a water weight loss).
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness.... To save the leg/foot/toes.... I'd beast myself on a treadmill, eat 500 cals one day. 1200 next alternate, more treadmill, more starvation, then night before weigh in drink a shed load of booze to dehydrate yourself. Then with the mother of all hangovers weigh in. Then pass out. But you might be 7lbs lighter. OR. Colonic irrigation- seriously your poop weighs loads.

I'm sure some "Biggest Loser" contestants use diuretics, sauna suits, & laxatives for weigh-ins too. Sooooo healthy :noway:
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'd have to go with cutting off an limb....
  • KHalseth
    KHalseth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    There is no save and healthy way to do that. I've known people who are in the military who have been given that type of notice before and they were usually provided with an extreme low calorie diet to follow for a couple weeks in order to get to that. Usually a variation of the grapefruit diet. Grape fruit for break fast, a can of tuna for lunch, I forget the rest of it. It is a three day rotation in which one day is 1000 cal, one day is 800 cal, one day is 500 cal, and you rotate through them. A friend had to do it once and she felt exhausted and sick so I worked out the calories per the menu and informed her that was why she felt so bad. It is very unhealthy to follow for any lenth of time. Maybe the military no longer recommends it. Which would be a good thing. As the extreme end of a safe way would be 2 lbs a week which would take four weeks. It is against the forum policies to recommend any very low calorie diets. But to meet the weight quilifications, you would not want to exersize in that short time because muscle weighs more. You could be losing fat and gaining muscle and seeing no weight change or even a weight increase. So if you do whatever you have to do in order to lose that weight, don't add the workouts until after the weigh in. Then PLEASE use a healthy diet to help get down far enough to keep you out of danger of having to go through that again.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

This is where our interaction ends.

You are ... interesting.

Interesting is not the word I would choose, but... :laugh:
    He isn't worth a strike.

True. Most of these trolls are not worth a strike, to be sure.
  • Fridaklo77
    Options
    I know of a 3 day diet, it is not healthy in the long run - but for the # to go down, may be worht it. Its bascially eating very tiny amounts of food, like boiled eggs. beets, meats... no sugar, no carbs.
  • sbox11
    sbox11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If just for weigh in, try gluten free, dairy free for two weeks. Just be warned that the weight will come back once you start eating that again.

Good luck, and thanks for your service (if you make it).