200lbs to lose.

Options
Hey MFP. :)

I suck at introductions, but I guess I will start with the basics. I'm a 26 year old UK based female with 200lbs to lose. I have always been on the heavy side, but I'm almost 27 now and I feel like it is time I get myself in check before I hit 30. I don't want to enter that phase of my life as a fat person. I want to be healthy, but more than that - and as shallow as it sounds - I want to look good. So, I've downloaded the app and I'm ready to start losing. I would like to reach my goal weight by the start of 2016 and I would really appreciate the support and motivation from people in a similar position to me. Or from anyone, actually!

Replies

• JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Wanting to look good is not shallow at all. Who doesn't want that. But you sound like you want to be healthy more than anything. You can add me if you like. :) I wish you luck on your journey.
  • debbiann7
    Options
    Just introducing yourself and putting out your goal for ALL to see is a great start. You are right to start now before age creeps up on you.

Try to limit your carbs and track your food. It is amazing to see what you have eaten when you start tracking your food. I know this has been a great help to me.

You are smart to start your fitness goals now. I am 50 and beginning now but I believe good health is worth it. Best of luck to you, I know you will get to that magic number on the scale that works for YOU.

Keep in touch!

Deb
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Call me shallow! I want to look good too! Hot in fact! ha! Welcome to MFP! It's a great site with lots of great support! If WE can do it, YOU can do it!
  • thebeautifulme
    Options
    Just wanted to say welcome aboard! I have 100+ pounds to lose as well. You have made the right choice by taking control of your life!. Wish you much success on your weight loss journey and my prayers are with you. It's hard but then again anything worth having is worth fighting for. And right now I am fighting for my LIFE back! (note: I have had weight issues since childhood, but I am not giving up!)
  • Digby170
    Options
    Thanks. :)

I'm hoping with the app and the MFP members, I'll feel more accountable and less likely to give up, which is what's happened in the past. Well, no, I WON'T give up this time. Nope nope nope!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me however i only support people who also give mutual support

all the very best with you journey you have come to the right place
  • jamielann
    Options
    Hey :) I'm a 25 year old gal from England too, and have about 80lbs to lose. You can probably relate to me when I say I wish I had lost weight sooner, and feel a bit like I lost out on the early 20's fun of going out in awesome outfits and dancing without caring, in fact, wanting people to watch me! But like you, I'm looking on the positive side that by 30, I will be a better weight, and that's just as good an age as any! If you want to send a friend request my way, then I'd love that - last time I tried to lose weight, I had a few real life friends and family members on my list who rarely updated, and this time I have a whole bunch of active friendly friends on my list and it really does make all the difference in terms of not feeling so alone, having a regular pick me up, and supportive "way to go!" when you weigh in :)
  • Ryanedwrds0410
    Options
    30 is the new 21. Get it!!!
  • StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Been here a month and I'm loving it. :) Read success stories. Those really give me the push I need when I'm having a blah day and want to give up.
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Feel free to add me as well :). I have just over 100 pounds to lose and half the time so we should be losing at the same rate. I plan to be closing in on my goal weight by 30 as well. I am staring down 29 so I'm in high gear now. Can't stop, won't stop, I'm gonna get this healthy and make it mine! ^_^
  • Magda_Castle
    Magda_Castle Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Magda and I'm 35 and I live in the UK. I've always been obese, then morbidly obese... I've started on 01/01/2014 with 200 lbs to lose. For the first time in my life I'm sticking to it and I'm actually loving it - and reading success stories is so motivating :) Feel free to add me - I log in everyday and my diary is open :)