nobody notices!

Options
A small rant, it doesn't bother me but it does if you know what i mean but in the last month ive lost 23lbs...not one person appears to have noticed! Ive bloody noticed lol

Replies

• MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    23 lbs! Wonderful! People get hinky about mentioning weight loss. I bet they are noticing but don't know how to broach the subject tactfully.
  • carinalewis
    Options
    Oh quite possibly, im not a person that gets offended easily though, ive taken to posting weekly half naked photos of my loss on facebook instead haha, keeps me motivated even if nobody wants to look lmao
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I've learned never to comment on a woman's weight. Never seems to end well.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    A small rant, it doesn't bother me but it does if you know what i mean but in the last month ive lost 23lbs...not one person appears to have noticed! Ive bloody noticed lol

I've never felt comfortable telling a woman, "Hey, you look like you've lost weight" because they in turn might say, "Oh, so you're saying I was fat?"
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options

Amen.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options

Amen.

Smart men. I didn't think they existed. LOL
  • ninapturner
    ninapturner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That is a good amount and I bet you don't fit in your old clothes huh! I am proud of you because I was excited over 10 pound loss and nobody around me notices because I am still so heavy but I think we can't let haters get you down. Ha ha. Keep it up girl because you will have total satisfaction when you are the size you want to be and happy in your own skin and everyone will notice!
    People are just to busy sometimes and do not slow down to notice sometimes because they get caught up in their own life-so don't take it to heart.
    Nina
  • MichaelForgets
    MichaelForgets Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Amen.

Acknowledging someone's weight loss akin to directly telling someone that they weighed more before. "Wow, you sure were larger last month."

Unless the person who lost weight broaches the subject, it is safest (for men anyway) to say nothing.
  • McKenzieLeigh
    McKenzieLeigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I think people are just scared. My mother in law asks almost every time she sees me (8 times a year or so), "How much weight have you lost?" This was BEFORE I was trying to lose weight! I would be like, "Uhm, none, I have actually gained weight, thanks!"
    She's trying to be nice and she doesn't see me often so I may have seemed slimmer, but I was definitely gaining!
    Watch, I have lost weight and this time she probably won't say anything ;)!!