Any one from Calgary ?

Options
2»

Replies

• SlimDownWithChristina
    Options
    Hello fellow Calgarian! :) Im Christina, nice to meet you.
  • Resa001
    Resa001 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What about Edmontonians (that's me!) ? : )
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    What about Edmontonians (that's me!) ? : )

Me! Me! :laugh:
  • tangled01
    Options
    I'm glad to see fellow Calgarians :)
  • StinkyKitten
    Options
    This thread is probably stale, but I thought I'd chime in anyway.

I've moved to Calgary a little over two years ago and I'm looking for things to in order to stay in shape. Anyone know of any great running/biking trails or other ways to exercise around the city? Or even things to do that aren't health related. I'm finding there's not a lot to do in this city, but It's probably because I don't know where to look.
  • teleute00
    Options
    Hey - just searched for Calgary and saw your post 35 mins ago! :-)

There are definitely a lot of trails - check out the City pathway and bikeway map! http://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/Parks/Pages/Pathways/Calgary-pathways-and-bikeways-map.aspx

I'm in the north, so I tend to bike/run along the John Laurie paths, Confederation or Nose Hill parks, etc... but every so often we'll go down to Fish Creek or around Glenmore Reservoir to stretch out where it's not so hilly. :-) The river pathways are also awesome, but a bit crowded around downtown. Also been snowshoeing down by the Reservoir and in Fish Creek, and there's a lot of cross country skiing at Confederation. And of course there's downhill skiing at COP. Not to mention all the trails and things as you go out of the city towards the mountains.

The city pools and fitness facilities are actually not too bad, and the public golf courses can be pretty decent too. There are a number of racquetball/squash clubs, as well as climbing gyms, in addition to just regular ol gyms (which I find pretty boring).

Hopefully I hit something you like to do in there. If there's any other stuff you're interested in that I didn't mention, let me know - I may be able to suggest somewhere.
  • Roxstar77
    Roxstar77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm from Calgary, and definitely looking to make some friend on here to help me achieve my goals! Feel free to add me :)
  • wildrosegeo
    wildrosegeo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was :(

Now I live in St John's. I miss Calgary!

That said, anyone can add this homesick Albertan to their friends list!
  • FullLifeNeil
    FullLifeNeil Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Might as well raise this post from the dead :) I'm in Calgary too…NW. Would love to connect with MFP folks
  • chantwizzle83
    chantwizzle83 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    South Cowtown if anyone is interested. I do home workouts, walking and cycling. I have RA, so anyone else in the same boat is welcome to friend me too.
  • buttercrud
    buttercrud Posts: 20
    Options
    Deathbridge!
  • MichaelNapper
    MichaelNapper Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Tuscany for me in the NW. Need to get back into this.