New Looking For Supporter, 19 college student

Options
Hi Im 19 and for the last 10 yearss I have let my weight get out of control. Im in school but Im kinda loner because my selfesteem sucks. I wanna boost my confidence and like what i see when i look in the mirror i also wanna better my health. i always start and stop i want to push myself i need a little help on everything

Replies

• ammeg1234
    ammeg1234 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm also in college at the moment, I'll add you as I'm new too! :)
  • CherrellBates
    CherrellBates Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thanks i was starting to think no one was gonna reply to my post
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hey sweetie! I am also 19 years old (ill be 20 in July) and I started my weight loss journey in August of 2012, just as my Freshman year of college was starting. I have lost about 85 pounds in the last eighteen months, juggling work, classes, homework, gym therapy, and a social life. Feel free to add me if you'd like! (:
  • CherrellBates
    CherrellBates Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I will Add you! Ill be 20 in October I wanna atleast be 30 pounds lighter by then but my goal is a 100 pounds by my 21st birthday, youve come so far how do you manage ?
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hey Cherrell! Welcome to My Fitness Pal, you'll make plenty of supporting friends here! I'll add you too! Good luck xo
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I will Add you! Ill be 20 in October I wanna atleast be 30 pounds lighter by then but my goal is a 100 pounds by my 21st birthday, youve come so far how do you manage ?

Going to class isn't an option, right? Its a requirement. Doing your homework isn't an option either, right? You would fail your classes. I think of going to the gym as a requirement, not an option. I have to MAKE time for my workouts everyday. Once you think of it as something that HAS to be done, you will make time for it. (:
    Also, I LOVE going to the gym. I call it "Gym Therapy". Its my escape from the real world. That has helped me stay motivated, too (: Find an exercise that you ENJOY and it will make wanting to go much easier! (:
  • SarahElizabeth416
    SarahElizabeth416 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm also in college and have struggled with my weight my whole life, so it sounds like we are in the same boat! Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other. Good luck! :)
  • kay_michelle0013
    Options
    Hey, Im 19 and in college as well (Ohio State). I've been struggling with my weight for as long as I can remember. I would love if yall requested me! I need all the support and tips I can get!
  • TooTatToTrot
    TooTatToTrot Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I Just turned 20 in december and im a junior at Ohio State too! The RPAC and JOS (or your nearest college gym) is the best place to be. Right now im in a 100 miles by april 1st. But ill probably make it 120-150 miles because im doing 30-50 miles per week. Ill add you folks!
  • kay_michelle0013
    Options
    @TooTatToTrot I've been going to a lot of fitness classes at rpac ! I'm really trying to lose at least 20 pounds in the next 4 months, but I'm kind of stuck at a plateau. :(
  • punkfoodie
    Options
    i'm twenty, in art school atm, and also looking for friends on here for motivation! i might just add everyone in this thread, haha
  • raeesa07
    Options
    Im the same ^^ Ill add you too :)
  • crtwriter
    crtwriter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I too want to lose my weight but I need motivation. I want to keep going. I don't want to start and stop after starting once again. I am gaining weight soo fast that I have gained 25pounds in last two months. I am looking even more horrible now. I really want to change myself. I dont like doing exercises because it is tough to do it. and I just can't stop eating. I love to eat and I don't feel satisfied unless I fillup my stomach. I know it is wrong and every single time i feel sorry about it and think that next time i'll not do this and same thing happen again. I really want to start doing exercise from today and want to eat appropriate amount of food. I'll add you. :smile:

Best of luck to you too