evening munchies

Options
I'm trying to establish better eating patterns for myself, for example not skipping breakfast all the time and eating a lot of junk between meals. I'm still finding 9-11pm to be the witching hours. Part of it is actual hunger but most of it is habit. The question is, does it get better over time? Or do you still want to overeat then but you get yourself not to?

Replies

• anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I always have a snack at 930/10pm because I would never make it to my 9am breakfast the next day otherwise. I also drink lots of water up to bedtime. I could never skip my evening snack. It doesn't have to be junk. My hubby often does cereal with strawberries in it, broccoli with ranch dip, sometimes an assortment of fruit, just something to hold you over til the morning.
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4am so evening munchies are more like late-afternoon munchies for me, but my solution is always tea, tea, and more tea! It gets my water in for the day, keeps my hands and mouth busy, and fills me up!
    Another one of my fav snacks is 1 cup of cauliflower and 2 tbsp of hummus.
  • CindyLeeArnold
    CindyLeeArnold Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that increasing lean protein helps me stay full longer. I tend to grab carbs for snacks and that doesn't sustain me for long.
  • hyphenbobbit
    hyphenbobbit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I always fancy a snack 9-11ish time. My healthy snack option is 100g 0 fat natural yogurt, 10g sunflower seeds and 10g linseed mixed in. Fills me up and my brain doesn't think it's missing out!:laugh:
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I decided that trying to go against my evening munchies wouldnt work so now I save myself a few hundred calories for the evening.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if its hunger you should eat... but if is habit, you just need to say no.

make sure you are eating enough protein, fat and fibre through the day, and save a few cals for an evening snack.