More Hungry after eating?

Options
I noticed since counting calories, after I eat I'm more hungry than ever especially after lunch. I always make sure to have breakfast.. usually a energy bar, or whole wheat bread with peanut butter or cashew butter. Then fruit for snack.

I bring a Healthy Choice for lunch for convenience, but I'm wondering if that is what's making me so hungry??
Anyone else notice this?

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I would recommend getting more protein in your breakfast - add in some greek yogurt or a couple eggs. They'll stick with you longer. And yeah, those frozen meals never did a thing to me. It was like wasting calories because I'd still be starving after. Better to find something that will actually keep you full. And if you want convenience, do a little extra cooking on the weekend and pack up your own portioned out meals. Or just pack a sandwich and some fruit - doesn't take long to make.
  • rach503
    rach503 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I would bet the energy bar has its fair share of sugar in it... I notice my energy tanks and my hunger level sky rockets if I have too much sugar. I notice I also stay more satiated when I eat foods that are naturally high in fiber.
  • smalacarne
    Options
    Thanks, I need to pull out my Skinnytaste recipes and make some food on sunday :)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I often feel this way. It's why I tend to do better with less frequent, more filling meals.