Power of Music in Trying to Change lifestyles

Options
We all listen to music Im sure when we go to the gym but are you listening to the right music. IS it just music that keeps you occupied or is it getting you pumped up, giving you that puch you need to finish those stairs and keep going on the treadmill or curl that dumbell one last time.

Personelly I listen to music that makes my neckhair standup when i think about the emotion in the song. Soemtimes i stop mid stride and just listen to the song and let it fuel me, give me the energy to push myself farther. I think people should post here a few songs that they use to really get themselves going when they are being active.

Replies

• MrPilon
    MrPilon Posts: 12
    Options
    We all listen to music Im sure when we go to the gym but are you listening to the right music. IS it just music that keeps you occupied or is it getting you pumped up, giving you that puch you need to finish those stairs and keep going on the treadmill or curl that dumbell one last time.

Personelly I listen to music that makes my neckhair standup when i think about the emotion in the song. Soemtimes i stop mid stride and just listen to the song and let it fuel me, give me the energy to push myself farther. I think people should post here a few songs that they use to really get themselves going when they are being active.
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    not necessarily songs but more gengre for me
    rock, pure good old rock and occasionally some techno
    because its pumping and its got lots of energy, it helps
    bands like linkin park, limp bizkit, CCR, AC/DC, cold chisel, rolling stones, etc.

slow songs make me go slow, so i tend to try and skip over those

*please note bursting out in song, no matter how classic said song may be, is not appropriate apparently... who knew?:blushing:
  • MrPilon
    Options
    That is true but I ahve lots of ACDC on my ipod btu they dotn all get me going teh same. Sometimes i use theme songs from movies or the composures from soem flicks that just get your blood rushing.

Requiem for a Dream - clint Mansell - great music to get ya going

Refused - New Noise

Trevor Rabin - Titans Spirit - one of my favs
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I use anything with a really great beat... (or anything that really pisses me off, haha)

I Like to Move it --Bang Gang

We're Not Gonna Take it -- Twisted Sister

Fake it -- Seether

Kerosene -- Miranda Lambert

oh the randomness of my music collection lol!
  • MrPilon
    Options
    but another big part of it is not always doing the same workouts day ina njd day out because then your body gets used to it and u get bored. u gotta change it up all the time, keep it interesting.
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Here is some of the music i listen to at the gym.......:happy:
    foofighters the pretender
    Tiesto
    NIghtmare-Brainbug
    Pennywise
    Genesis
    Brooklyn Bounce
    Hunter Valentine
    J.E.W.
    Justice vs. Simian -We are your friends
    Stoned in love(club mix)-Chicane ft. Tom Jons
    Daft Punk
    pogo-digitalism
    Edun
    Eddie Vedder-Hard Sun
    ...I like way too many (105 songs:wink: ) ....I think everyone has there own soundtrack to their lives.....we all walk to a different beat...a different drummer :drinker:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    For me it has to be fast paced with a good beat. If the music slows down - I slow down!

I need to upgade my music.. I'm getting tired of the same songs over & over!!!
  • wantingwings
    Options
    I love "Fighter" by Christina Agularia (I have no idea how to spell her name)
    Pretender-Foo Fighters
    -"Go Away" GodSmack
    "Your so Vain" Simon

I listen to quite a range of music,.....

I also enjoy watching a good action movie while on the elliptical. I recently started renting movies from Netflicks....one of which I can only watch while on the elliptical.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    As of now I listen to nothing...the last thing I want when workout is some MORE noise. LOL I love to hear other people's musical motivation though. I thought a while back about getting an IPOD, but never ended up "wanting one" bad enough to go to the store. Maybe when my workout partners go back to school, I will miss the noise. :wink: :laugh: :tongue:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    but another big part of it is not always doing the same workouts day ina njd day out because then your body gets used to it and u get bored. u gotta change it up all the time, keep it interesting.

YA KNOW IT!!! :drinker: