Lookin for support.....

Options
I am new to MFP and really came on here to keep me accountable of what I'm eating and to find some people who are going through the same thing I am....There are times when I totally feel like giving up on this because I feel like I'm doing it to please someone else (my husband) and he seems like he could care less. So I guess in a matter of speaking, I am looking for some encouragement so that I keep going. I have already lost 10 pounds and was so happy about it, but I guess when I didn't see a reaction from him, I got discouraged :(

Replies

• absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    honey, you need to do this for you, and for you only. it is your body, your temple that you're attending to. i am here to support you - I sometimes have had issues with emotional eating binges and still do sometimes. :) this community is welcoming and we will go through this with you!!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    as I tell my girls all the time, boys are silly....
  • bobdubya
    Options
    Well, don't get discouraged bout hubby's reaction. Just keep it going and you will soon realize you are doing it for you and your hubby will see the positve changes (physical and emotional) and come around. I found this app on my phone a few weeks ago and have really done good. You just go to log that food and visit EVERYDAY even if you go way over your calories. The more you do it the more you will desire sucess. go for it... You will get lots of suppport on this site. Start adding peeps 2 ur friends list. it helps. Well, it helps me to interact with the same group usually.. Welcome..
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    Hello, congratulations on your 10 pound loss, that is highly commendable. Do this for yourself, I sure hope your hubby realizes the effort your making and appreciates what goes into it, but there is nothing better than getting healthy for you. MFP is the place to be, very welcoming and supportive. Keep your head up, you can do this:smile::flowerforyou: :heart:
  • pinksocks73
    Options
    I am new to MFP and really came on here to keep me accountable of what I'm eating and to find some people who are going through the same thing I am....There are times when I totally feel like giving up on this because I feel like I'm doing it to please someone else (my husband) and he seems like he could care less. So I guess in a matter of speaking, I am looking for some encouragement so that I keep going. I have already lost 10 pounds and was so happy about it, but I guess when I didn't see a reaction from him, I got discouraged :(

About a month ago, my husband and I went out....that is when he started to really notice my losses. I wore an outfit that is not normally "me" and my husband (being the non-dancer that he is) REALLY took notice to ***some other guy*** noticing me on the dance floor alone :tongue:

Now he pays better attention and the compliments are more free flowing.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the 10 pounds lost. Don't get discouraged, we're all here for you.

And don't worry about what your husband doesn't do or say...do this for YOU! My hubby still hasn't commented on my loss. But then again, he doesn't usually notice when I get a hair cut or a new outfit, etc. But you better believe he's ready to call me out when I don't notice he mowed the yard. =)
  • sallytran
    Options
    10 pounds is no easy feat! I hope you're extremely proud of yourself :) Good luck with everything!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Give your honey a break. If he sees you everyday, he is used to seeing you and won't notice a subtle shift of 10 pounds (that was mostly water if you just started). It took nearly 25 pounds for mine to notice, and he only noticed because he had been out of town for a few days. When he came home I was wearing summer capris and a tank top. I saw him do a double take at my *kitten*. THAT was when he noticed I had lost weight.

You have to do this for YOU!
  • hatsoff21
    Options
    If you stick with it, you may find you get to a point where you don't care about his reactions. You need to feel good for you!
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    well done for your 10lb loss, i cant wait to get to that point. I felt like you did 2wks ago, i have gd days & bad days.
    The people on mfp have helped me a lot & i have recommended it to some friends & family.