1st NSV!! :)

Options
I got married this past September & after looking at my wedding photos, I realized I looked a bit bigger than I had realized. That caused me to go hop on the scale for the first time in months....to my surprise, I had put on about 30 pounds! :( I had officially reached my highest weight at 180 pounds. This was devastating to me as I have always been in pretty decent shape (not super fit, but was never upset about my appearance). After seeing the number on the scale, I decided that I needed to make some changes to not only lose weight, but to get happier & healthier. So for the past 2+ months I have really watched my diet & started working out again. I have always been a healthy eater, but had stopped being careful about my food portions. So I started eating smaller portions & started the ChaLean Extreme program. Even though I had made these positive changes & was being so dedicated & trying really hard, I couldn't seem to lose any weight or inches (which has obviously been so discouraging).....until today...

For some unknown reason, I randomly decided to try on an old pair of jeans this morning....they actually fit!!! This is the first time I've been able to wear them since the summer!! They fit just right in legs, but the waist is still pretty tight. And they don't look as good on me as I would like, but that's not the point! The point is that they are actually on & buttoned & I'm still able to breathe & I'm not totally uncomfortable!! Even though it is taking me WAY longer than I would like to see any changes, I'm FINALLY starting to see my hard work pay off!!! :):):)

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Happiness is a buttoned pair of jeans that are not totally uncomfortable. (Just teasing. :P)

Seriously, kudos to you for realizing that you had put on more weight than you like and for resolving to do something about it. The weight doesn't always come off at the rate we like, but we can take joy in the little things like fitting back into old clothes.

Keep plugging away with your eating plan and exercise routine and you will soon be able to buy a whole new pair of jeans in a smaller size.

Good luck and have fun!
  • RockingGranny
    RockingGranny Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work and you will get to exactly where you want to be!! There is nothing like a favorite pair of jeans to make your day.
  • cnl91_W
    cnl91_W Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! NSVs keep me going. I keep a "Note" in my phone and try to add a new one every few days. Even if it's something like "turned down a free muffin" or "had a conversation without dying while jogging" hahah. It helps me to keep my focus on how my perspective is changing and why I'm doing this!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    What does NSV stand for?
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory.
  • jessfuller23
    jessfuller23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Even though I'm not really seeing any movement on the scale, it's nice knowing that my hard work is actually paying off! :)
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Even though I'm not really seeing any movement on the scale, it's nice knowing that my hard work is actually paying off! :)

NSVs are what keep me going during the slow weeks.
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!