Proud Mother

Options
MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
2 years ago, I gave birth to twin boys who were soon after diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. I've struggled for the past 2 years with every emotion known to man. My reason for being on MFP was because I became an emotional eater and stuffed my pain down with food. I've been here for 3 months and I've lost 30lbs so far. I feel great, I look great, and things are turning around.

I've been trying for years to "tell our story". I recently created a website in honor of my children and for anyone who is on my friends list (or not) who has supported me and who has wrote me a message with love and support, please check out my website. I'm completely inspired, I'm so proud (first time i've ever done anything like this) and I'm really opening up my family to the world to tell our story and create awareness.

For anyone who would like to see the website, become a member, etc. Please visit
http://www.fightthefight.webs.com

I hope to create awareness for this ugly disease and honor my children by being their voice.

Replies

• sadenniston
    sadenniston Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    MissAnjy,

I'm so sorry to hear about your beautiful boys. Recently we just found out that our 2 year old son has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, so I know how you feel. There is no cure for DMD. I was on this journey before we found out and I can honestly say I wanted to give, becuase I wanted to focus more on my son. But I soon realized that I needed to be healthly not only for myself but for my sons as well. If you ever need to talk, please feel free to send a message! You are doing a fantastic job on your weightloss journey. You have all the will power to succeed and I know you will!! Keep pushing forward, some days will be better than other, but just keep pushing!!
  • Rowann
    Rowann Posts: 86
    Options
    My four year old son was diagnosed with type I diabetes at the age of seventeen months. It was the most frightening, terrifying moment of my life (and I've had a few that have come close!). The complications to day to day living are, I suspect, different from having a child, let alone two, with CF, but the daily terror that they will become ill/suffer a severe hypo, of just plain not wake up in the morning, is something I've learnt to cope with.

He has been an inspiration to me, in the way that he copes with his condition. I owe it to him to at least try to do something about my own health issues. There's probably a lot to be said for us being given the children we are to help us in our own journeys, or to teach us something we need to know or need to do etc.