Under my calorie goal but over carb & protein goal?!

Options
For the past 2 days I have been pretty consistent with my daily calorie goal but I keep going over my carb goal and protein goal. Is this bad?

Replies

• shelleytrickett
    Options
    The carbs are the worst things hun,I was the same for the first week or so,I couldn't believe how many carbs are in some things !! The protein is not as bad as it contributes to building muscle but for optimum loss definitely try to keep under the carb count as these are the main things that contribute to any weight gain,if you keep on being above in your carbs you will find it harder to loose the weight ,too many carbs can mean a gain xx
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    For the past 2 days I have been pretty consistent with my daily calorie goal but I keep going over my carb goal and protein goal. Is this bad?

Nope, you should be fine! Most people like to consider the basic MFP protein and fat goals to be minimums. So going over isn't a problem. Protein will help you maintain your lean muscle while you lose weight. And in my opinion, once you hit/exceed your protein goal you are free to fill in the rest of your calories with whatever you like! Try not to go too far under on fat- fats are an important macronutrient (help with digestion, keep your brain functioning normally, and keep your skin/hair/nails/etc. healthy!)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I tend to be more hungry when I eat too many carbs. For me going over carbs is not a good thing. Just remember fat does not make us fat. It is an essential nutrient and you should not forget.
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I found MFP's default macros to be ridiculous. I adjusted mine in my settings to be 45% carbs/ 30% protein/ 25% fat. Protein is essential to alot of things, including feeling full longer, muscle growth and repair after exercise...so I aim for as high as I can on those. If I go over, I'm thrilled. But fat I want to stay within 25-30% and fill the rest with carbs. To me, carbs are my trigger to eat too overeat.
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Carbs and sugar are evil, dont worry about calories stay away from the carbs and watch your sugar.. feel free to look at my journal i try to keep away from the carbs and i dont care about the calories
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    wow-so many Carb haters
    I could not sustain my workouts and long runs without them.

I would just try to make sure your majority of carbs are coming from WHOLE GRAINS, fruits and veggies. And you should be just fine.
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    wow-so many Carb haters
    I could not sustain my workouts and long runs without them.

I would just try to make sure your majority of carbs are coming from WHOLE GRAINS, fruits and veggies. And you should be just fine.
    I believe carbs from fruits and vegetables are A OK! ok, whole grains is not something that I agree with but I will eat once ina while. But the less i eat carbs and whole grains etc the less they even sound appetizing. I now dont even like rice or refried beans.
    If I wasn't very idle all day i'd probably have a few carbs before my workout.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Carbs and sugar are evil, dont worry about calories stay away from the carbs and watch your sugar.. feel free to look at my journal i try to keep away from the carbs and i dont care about the calories

DevilSugar.jpg