What's your goal weight at 5'9"

Options
13»

Replies

• fatjess06
    Options
    Thanks for your answers! I know one person said this, but should I really eat my exercise calories back? It's around 175 calories each time and do not feel like increasing my daily caloric intake in order to make up for the calories I burned.
  • ChristinenewbodyDuncan
    Options
    My goal is 155. I was there pre baby and my goal is to get back to that weight. 31 lbs to go!!!!
  • Kimmers411
    Kimmers411 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'9" and my goal is 150. In college (no strength training or exercise other than walking around campus and waitressing) I wore a size 12. In 2011 (in my late 30's) I got down to 160 with weights and daily cardio, and again was in size 12. Being fit at the time, I did not think that I needed to go much lower than 150. Ultimately, I wanted to be able to wear a 10. However, after moving (military family), I put 65 pounds back on in 2 years. So now I am working my way back down. Because of the size of my build/especially my hips, I know that I would look very ill proportioned at 135- but that is just me. My best friend is 5"9", and with her smaller build, she maintains about 125-135 and looks fine in a size 6.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    175. If I can gain 6# of muscle and maybe lose 3# of fat, I should be at 20% body fat and 175. I like being stronger and heavier. It makes me feel like I have more weight in the world.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm 145 pounds at 5'9" and don't want to go any lower. I like my curves, and am just working on trying to tighten what I have. I thought I wanted to get to 135-140, but I was starting to look drawn and gaunt, so I decided to be happy where I am.

145 is my absolute minimum. It doesn't look good and I feel run down and out of energy.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 164. My goal is to be between 155-160. I can't imagine myself lower than 155, just trying to rearrange a few things that the law of gravity decided to impose on me.
  • Gwyn1969
    Gwyn1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and hit a low of 138 but decided I couldn't continue to get stronger at that weight (I was around 17% bodyfat), and now I'm gaining weight, aiming for around 155. I eat 2700 calories on low days and 3100 calories on high days (two high days a week). I strength train 4 days a week - barbell training - squat, deadlift, bench, press, and accessory work. Not a guy though.
  • flame_retardant
    flame_retardant Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'7 and 5'8, which is a lot shorter than you & my goal is 130lbs. I have very wide shoulders so might be big-boned. Even though your goal weight sounds low to me, if your doctor recommended it, it's probably healthy for you.
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and I keep thinking I want to get down to 132 like I was in High School, but the truth is, I don't really want to look like I did in High School.

I want to look good naked. If I weigh 200 lbs but have a rocking body, then 200 is my goal weight!
  • perfectjewel
    perfectjewel Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my start goal weight is 190 (and strong). This has me in a solid size 14. My lowest weight in the past (gym rat, personal trainer and fitness instructor at the time) was 155. I was a size 10 and also lost my period sporadically (from low body fat). Kinda lost my breasts too, and my ribs really stuck out yet always had the "trouble area" of my thighs. I think it's a lot to do with body type for our ideal weight. I've had friends at more like 5'11" much smaller framed than me who were more like a size 6 in clothing. My absolute ideal now? I'd say 170 - 175 and a solid size 12.
  • lisatrish
    lisatrish Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I set my goal weight at 135 because that is the weight I felt my best at. Someone then told me to go to the following site and get an accurate calculation on goal weight.

http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/

I did it and guess what it says my goal weight should be 135 as well. So for me it's 135.
  • cqoconnell
    cqoconnell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, 26 years old, and my highest recorded weight was 214. Started MFP 40 days ago and have since lost 21lbs. Currently at 192.8lb. My goal is 150lb. I fluctuated between 140-150 in high school (I recall mostly staying within 143-147). Of course at the time as a teenage girl, I thought I was fat. I recently found some old photos and couldn't believe how in shape I looked! We'll see how it goes. My weight loss is health driven.
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    I have set my goal at 135 but after looking around that seems low. At my last physical the doctor told me 135 would be a good weight for me. I'm 155 currently but need to lose it in my stomach , chest and some on my back. Just curious what others of similar height set as their goal

trust me that is extremely low - I got down to that weight at 5'9.5" and I looked like skeletor. No bueno. Shoot for between 150-160
  • Eveheron
    Eveheron Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'', rather busty and with a larger frame. At my heaviest, I weighed 190, smallest I weighed 145, and currently, I'm (cringe) somewhere between 165 and 170. I have a goal of around 115 lbs, but I have a minor obsession with wanting to look super thin. My 3-month goal is to get to 145, and to be fitter. I know that even when I was 145, I didn't like myself completely and I still had some fat to lose; 125 would probably be the lowest my body would let me go.

:)
  • kazzsjourney2goal
    kazzsjourney2goal Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mine is 72 kilos/158 pounds. I will have by that point lost about 220 pounds so while I will be 72 kilos I will still have at least 5 kilos of that will be excess skin.