Without using knees or right arm....

Options
Can you suggest exercises for me? My knees and shoulder are doing badly and I have to sit here with ice packs most of the day and rest them. But I want to burn calories...I'd really like some suggestions....

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Go to a pool and walk! Yes it's using your legs, but your body weight is significantly reduced in water & your range of motion walking in water isn't a much as it is on land so you should be ok :)
  • dachsiehaven
    dachsiehaven Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    One thing my old trainer had me doing when I was mangled up (love bad knees) was to sit up as straight as I could and the lean back just a bit and suck up my ab and bum muscles as tight as I could for one minute. This was done with my legs out on the foot rest with the ice packs on the knees. Rest a minute and repeat. It was a keep it up as long as you can up to 30 minutes then rest 30 minutes and do it again. It doesn't really seem like much exercise but I sure felt it like I had done a bunch of sit ups the next day....when I did more of them.
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    Thanks but I live on the second floor and can't make it down the stairs
  • lupuslady
    Options
    I also think you should take a class at a pool. I too have bad knees, actually every major jt in my body is bad, but there is no pain in the pool call your local pool and check it out, you will not be sorry.