Getting involved to stay accountable

Options
Hi guys!

I am not "new" to this site; however I am not consistent either. I want to start tracking everything so that I can lose and keep off 10-12 pounds.

Current stats:
5'8
140ish (fluctuates 2-3 lbs)
goal weight: 128-132
I workout 5-6 days a week. I take high intensity classes at my gym 2-3 days a week, lift heavier about 2 days a week, and sometimes I have 1 day of cardio machines.

My fault in dieting (lifestyle) is giving up after feeling "guilty" about something. A piece of chocolate turns into the whole bar. Sounds very typical female of me!! But I want to make this fit my lifestyle. Not giving up anything for good- including treats or drinks. Just making it all fit!

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Sounds like you've got a great plan of action. If I may make a comment though, I don't think that there is anything to feel guilty about by rewarding yourself for sticking to your plan. If you eat well all week, and have a candy bar one evening, that in no way is going to derail your progress and there is no reason to feel bad about having it. The thing you want to be careful of is if you're fighting off sugar craving/addiction. That can be a slippery slope.

I sent you a friend request so we can keep each other accountable. I'd be happy to help you out in any way I can!

Allan TerBush
    Team Grit
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Congrats on getting back in the game!

I think getting involved is a GREAT way to stay motivated and accountable. Feel free to add me if you're looking for friends/ support/ accountability.

Christina

Oh and I hear you about feeling guilty. Office sweets are SO tempting to me, and once I have one it's SO hard not to have two, or three, or more hahaha. But I try to not feel guilty per say and just enjoy the treats I have, work it into my calorie goals, and move on :)
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Well said Christina
  • new_iifym
    new_iifym Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • sophiae111
    sophiae111 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I miss being perfectly fit when I was younger. I need to have some one to help push me and make a competitive game out of it. I have been doing a lot of hiking in Yosemite and National Sequoia park but I want to be fit to compete in events like tough mudder and spartan.
  • new_iifym
    new_iifym Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Sophiae111! Honestly something that has helped me is doing a group class. The other people in the class definitely push me to work harder. I used to be so anti- group fitness because I thought that the workouts were too easy but I have found a difficult level fitness class that has challenged me and kicked my fitness level up a notch. Tough mudders look like a blast and I would love to do one as well...I just don't really incorporate running into my workouts right now.