Hello All! Need some new buddies

Options
Hi, I'm looking to lose 50 by my 30th birthday which is in November. I need some encouragement and new buddies. Please add me:) List your goal and why you decided to lose. It's great to hear from different people:)

Replies

• scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. I hope we will be able to help one another.
  • MsShawnieJ
    MsShawnieJ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I hope so and good luck on your journey as well.
  • Pammieyeung
    Options
    Hi!!! Welcome :) That's great news! Stay committed and I'm sure you'll get there. I've just started my weight loss and fitness journey too and I'm blogging about it. If you need motivation every so often, have a read: pammies-journey.blogspot.co.uk

Good Luck!

Pammie
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to using this site too. I'm looking to lose 50 pounds by November for my wedding Anniversary. 9 years together this November and were doing professional wedding pictures. Feel free to add me.
  • ButterPecanBaby
    ButterPecanBaby Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm a November baby, too. Let's motivate each other!
  • ReneeIsReady
    ReneeIsReady Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm also wanting to lose 50 pounds as my first goal as well. I'm only a few days new to this site but started my journey on January 21 and today I'm down 21 pounds so far. My main reasons for starting is because I want to be healthy, look and feel good as well.

You can do it and just know that everyday that you make it through is a success in itself.
    Good luck :smile:
  • cddleon
    Options
    Hi, MsShawnieJ

I want to get to a healthy weight for my 5'9 height and large frame. So ideally I want to get around 175lbs on the long run. Although I want to see a big difference by my bday in August, I want to take this as a long-term project. By October 2013 I was 275lbs. In November I had a doctor's appointment and found out I have high blood pressure, for which I'm taking medication (I don't like the idea of taking meds AT ALL). For a 25y/o guy that's kind of a HUGE wake up call but as told by my doctor there is a high chance that because of my age I might be able to reverse it and stop medication, if I lose enough weight to be in a healthier state.

Before getting MyFitnessPal and tracking my food intake and exercise routine I had lost around 15lbs; since I've been using it I've lost 10lbs more.

I've decided to be more active in MyFitnessPal community so I can keep motivated and avoid pausing exercising for an entire week, as has happened before. hehehe
  • ShayShayFletch
    ShayShayFletch Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Friend request sent! I have struggled with weight loss since having children. Having on extra weight is uncomfortable for me and i refuse to buy bigger clothing. I want to be healthy and comfortable with the way i look as most of my weight goes right to my face as well. I just started on this site again as well. The more support we have from one another the better. ANyone else looking for more friends/support feel free to add me.

Good luck

You fitness pal! :smile:
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. feel free to add me
  • ebatzar
    ebatzar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Happy to support you on your journey too. I'm trying to lose the baby weight after having my daughter. Will send a FR.
  • CrystalQ222
    CrystalQ222 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can do it.....:) add me if you would like
  • BeautyBeast2013
    BeautyBeast2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    you got this anyone can add me that is looking for support and buddies
  • lguarnaccia
    lguarnaccia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I think it is awesome that you want to lose weight. I have about 70 pounds to lose. I am 53 and have decided I just do not want to be fat anymore. I try to stay at 1200 calories sometimes I go up to 1400 but I will keep this in control. Week 1 so far I have lost about 5 pounds but I know this is not typical 2 pounds is what I should aim for and it is healthier.

You are only 30 so it will be easier for you and you might as well do this now because other wise you will get to the month that you had your goal for weight loss and be disappointed with yourself. Stay strong and know that others are in the same struggle. persevere!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hi all feel free to add if you want support our just need someone to talk to
  • mumbest
    Options
    Feel free to add me i'm looking at loosing around another 90 pound. I started on the 1st Jan this year, I go to the gym 3/4 times a week doing cardio and weights. I was fed up with being the fattest person in the room and I was a stroke/heart attack waiting to happen. Good luck on your journey x
  • skblevins
    Options
    I am new to MFP. My first week - I thought I wasn't going to do anything differently except log what I ate. WHAT AN EYEOPENER! It wasn't the amount I was eating - but the amount of calories in those foods. I am learning to make healthier portions. Big goals scare me - so my goal is to lose 10 lbs - at least 10 times! My first grandchild is due in July. I am too young to sit and watch him play - I want to get down and play with him. I pray blessings on us all. I know this time - with God's help - I am gonna lose that fat girl forever!
  • Ccav92610
    Ccav92610 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me as a friend too!! I always love having new motivation!!