Thanks for not giving a damn >:-/

Options
So I'm watching the Bears game and my boyfriend decides to order a big *kitten* pizza for him and the kids. Wow, thanks foe the torture. I am now watching the game in my bedroom. I know this mission is mine and it is up to me to stick to this, but i just feel that was not cool. Talk about a test of will power. WTF?!?!?!

Replies

• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Great job at sticking with it!!!
  • Craig772
    Craig772 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I can see both sides of the argument but I do think it was a bit mean and thoughtless.
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    our spouses and family can really be insensitive at times. Stick to your guns and the heck with them.:drinker:
  • aallison85
    aallison85 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Instead of stewing in your room, could you go for a walk and remember why you are doing all of this? It is no fun to be angry. Maybe you can turn it around for yourself and realize that in the end, you rock and pizza doesn't matter! :)

Good luck! I know this is so hard! Pizza is one of my weaknesses!
  • lupuslady
    Options
    How about telling him that from now on he must order you a small thin crust veggie pizza!!!! Or else everyone does without pizza. Yes this your journey, but you could use a little understanding and help. Don't let the cost of the pizza be a factor, you could always buy ingredients and let everyone make their own.
  • saraeyster
    saraeyster Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just think of this as a great test and you have passed. Yes he may know how hard you are trying and just because he ordered a pizza does not mean he does not care, he is still eating his way and in his own mind set. You are changing your eating habits and unless he does the same this will be the test for you. Always remember that when you want something so bad that there are obsticals that you must fight through to get to where you want to be. You are doing great and just think most of the time those take out pizzas are not that good anyway and how guilty you would feel having a slice. You are doing a great job:)
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    As much as I would love to go for a walk, I can't miss my football! LOL I will definitely be walking it off once the Bears game is over :)

Thanks for the support!
  • leakewh
    leakewh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Screw not eating pizza....its only 200 calories a slice....gobble 1 slice up and hit the treadmill at halftime....you should enjoy that time hanging with your boys.....
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I understand you're probably frustrated right now, but try to see it the other way too. It has to be hard for people who aren't committed to the same changes to worry about people like us freaking out if a pizza is brought into your house. Stay strong and after a while, you'll be able to be around tempting foods without it driving you crazy. I baked a banana bread loaf for hubby this weekend, only taking one slice for myself and the rest is his. That's not to say it isn't hard, but I'm learning to change myself to cope with what the norms are for everyone else.
  • JPotvin
    JPotvin Posts: 108
    Options
    Screw not eating pizza....its only 200 calories a slice....gobble 1 slice up and hit the treadmill at halftime....you should enjoy that time hanging with your boys.....

I completely agree! Maybe go play touch football out in the yard with the boys after the game...or suggest that everyone go for a family walk together. Either way enjoy yourself!
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    DA BEARS! LOL My hubby is watching the game right now and drinking his beers and having an awesome time with his chips and dip that I can smell! Yea I am def on the same level as you! I love food so this is torture for sure but I keep reading post of MFP and its motivating me not to eat that one delish chip with some creamy dip on it! Ughhh! lol We got this! I am about to head to the other room too! LOL
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That sucks that he's not supportive!! But you will get the last laugh when you are at goal, feeling great and sexy, and OTHER men are looking at you when you walk in the room! <weg>
  • vsangel87
    vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    yeah, that is a bit insensitive of him. you know, when it comes down to it, pizza isn't really all that bad for you...it's just all about self-control and moderation. I have pizza every once in a while, but i'll only eat like a slice or two if i want to eat more food and still be under m calorie limit. or, if i end up having more than just a slice or two, i just decrease the amount of food i eat for the rest of the day. :) dieting doesn't mean you have to exclude a particular "forbidden" food from your diet altogether...it just means you can still have it, as long as you keep it in check. i know this sounds cliched, but life is too short to get angry about the little things. :) so, go ahead, join them and don't let your anger build up.
  • leakewh
    leakewh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I hardly think her husband sat around and said..."How can I derail my wife today...?" Unless he is continually pressing her to eat the pizza, I don't see this as a problem...As a man, I can relate to her husband hanging out with his sons watching the game and eating some pizza...Consider how her husband and kids feel when from their perspective mom doesn't want anything to do with us...If she really wants to demonstrate her will power...walk into the "lions den" or the "Bears den....lol" , eat one slice of pizza with her boys and then stand fast...This will show her family that you can still participate and that mom is serious about controlling her eating...who knows maybe she'll inspire dad to change his eating habits too....
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    No offense but are you going to run and hide every time there is tempting food. Part of learning to eat right is either learning to limit yourself or eat something else. If I decided to limit myself to bread and water everyday, is it fair I fill the cabinets with only bread and have only water in the fridge? How about if you asked for apiece of pizza and your hubby says you should only eat salad. The principal still applies for both. It sucks to have someone else make your food choices for you.
  • Suisho25
    Suisho25 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The first week I started on here my husband got a big bargain bucket of KFC for him and the rest of the family! I threw a strop in the car and made him put it in the boot (trunk) for rest of the journey! I was so mad!!! I left them eat it, and made my own food. I looked it up on my fitness pal and just one piece of chicken consisted of 20g of fat and a ton of other badness that should never go any where near a human body! So glad I didn't give in despite him and my dad telling me to eat the chicken, I dropped three pounds that week!

Three weeks in and the weight is still coming off, stay strong and enjoy the game!

Chrystal
  • Crosby2010
    Crosby2010 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yep, bet that sucked Bri. Soooo hard and I completely understand. Just keep goin' girl and think about that hot body you will have one day!
  • donbogi
    donbogi Posts: 175
    Options
    As much as I would love to go for a walk, I can't miss my football! LOL I will definitely be walking it off once the Bears game is over :)

Thanks for the support!

The Bears are getting my blood pressure up! C'mon they are playing the $hitty Lions for Christ sake! The Offensive Line on my beloved Bears suck!

Don
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Thanks for the support!

The Bears are getting my blood pressure up! C'mon they are playing the $hitty Lions for Christ sake! The Offensive Line on my beloved Bears suck!

Don
    Ouch...talk about making a bad day worse. LMAO.gif
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I need your bears to win - I picked them on my proline ticket