Question about stairs!

Options
As I was going upstairs to refill my water at work I started thinking... do you burn more calories skipping every other stair or do you burn more calories if you step on each? Skipping a stair would exert more energy you would think but then you are only hitting half as many stairs.

Thanks for the opinions... :wink:

Replies

• hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    BUMP! This is a legit question!
  • Dragonslayer183
    Dragonslayer183 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think going for every other step would create more of a toning exercise, while running on every step would be more cardio.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I would say the same - less effort more stairs - more effort less stairs - do you become more winded doing one over the other? how bout running up the stairs? running burns more cals than walking :bigsmile: oh wait at work we are not allowed to run or we might hurt ourselves and a workplace injury costs the employer $$$$ :indifferent:
  • Stair Master sucks..........I just returned from the gym for 86 minutes and 20 minutes of it was on this God for saken Bloody beat down machine, levels ranging from 2-10 for 1-2 minutes per level. While on level 2 I did back leg kicks, skipping every other stair, while level 3 I side stepped, it was strenuous and a killer burn inbetween my other burns. So step every other step and do a leg kick back...boom