Replies

• maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    punch him in the head :)
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Wow! The different sides of responses from all of you is amazing!!! Thank you all!!!

The only way I can explain what I felt at the moment is similar to when I wuit smoking a year and a half ago. I was a groggy, crabby you know what at times and it usually went away pretty quickly. I have been on MFP for a few weeks now and this is the first time I "snapped" when they ate the good stuff right in front of me. To his defense, I thought I would be okay with the pizza since nothing had bothered me yet, but I was wrong. The pizza smell filled the room and all I wanted to do was grab the box from them and run and eat it myself. So, I decided to walk away until they finished.

I also made myself some spinach, carrots and chicken and munched away!!! I know I can't blame them. Again, this is MY goal. I apologized and explained to all of them that this is very difficult for me and is a daily struggle.

Thank you to all of you for just hearing me out. From the one's that were totally on my side and the one's that kept me in check.

GO BEARS!!!!
  • Alexis2255
    Options
    Screw not eating pizza....its only 200 calories a slice....gobble 1 slice up and hit the treadmill at halftime....you should enjoy that time hanging with your boys.....

I'm totally with this ^^^^^^^^

Deprivation is the master of failure when it comes to dieting. Let yourself have one slice than rock it on the treadmill.
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Screw not eating pizza....its only 200 calories a slice....gobble 1 slice up and hit the treadmill at halftime....you should enjoy that time hanging with your boys.....

I completely agree! Maybe go play touch football out in the yard with the boys after the game...or suggest that everyone go for a family walk together. Either way enjoy yourself!

That is so true.enjoy
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I usually order a thin crust pizza with veggies & maybe chicken on it :) not too bad with calories & I get pizza! *drool*

Homemade thin crust made with flat-out bread is pretty tasty too!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    go with the veggie pizza. congrats on not giving in!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    It can be frustrating but I think the frustration sometimes come not from the choices others are making around us but by the fact that we try to be "good" and "perfect" yet we are still tempted by what's around us and it frankly pisses us off. My husband is from Africa and he makes all kinds of stuff that is so totally bad for me yet tastes so good. I can't deny him his culture or get mad at him because I have an issue with food. Then there are the kids. I try my best to make sure they get the wholesome stuff but one day a week its kids choice - from homemade mac& cheese to double fudge brownies. Again, I'm not going to deprive them of their treat because I have to work harder at making good choices for myself when that stuff is in the house.

The bottom line is the choices I make - are they getting me further from or closer to my goal? That's the mantra I'm trying to live by. Sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes no. All I know is that I have to be persistant, not perfect!:bigsmile:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,750 Member
    Options
    I understand you're probably frustrated right now, but try to see it the other way too. It has to be hard for people who aren't committed to the same changes to worry about people like us freaking out if a pizza is brought into your house. Stay strong and after a while, you'll be able to be around tempting foods without it driving you crazy. I baked a banana bread loaf for hubby this weekend, only taking one slice for myself and the rest is his. That's not to say it isn't hard, but I'm learning to change myself to cope with what the norms are for everyone else.
    I agree. My husband and kids eat all kinds of stuff I avoid. I'm totally used to it now. I think if I'd tried to get them all to change their eating habits when I changed mine, it would have backfired. The only one I can change is me. That's hard enough. I don't have what it takes to change everybody around me! :smile:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,750 Member
    Options
    Wow! The different sides of responses from all of you is amazing!!! Thank you all!!!

The only way I can explain what I felt at the moment is similar to when I wuit smoking a year and a half ago. I was a groggy, crabby you know what at times and it usually went away pretty quickly. I have been on MFP for a few weeks now and this is the first time I "snapped" when they ate the good stuff right in front of me. To his defense, I thought I would be okay with the pizza since nothing had bothered me yet, but I was wrong. The pizza smell filled the room and all I wanted to do was grab the box from them and run and eat it myself. So, I decided to walk away until they finished.

I also made myself some spinach, carrots and chicken and munched away!!! I know I can't blame them. Again, this is MY goal. I apologized and explained to all of them that this is very difficult for me and is a daily struggle.

Thank you to all of you for just hearing me out. From the one's that were totally on my side and the one's that kept me in check.

GO BEARS!!!!
    Awesome approach to go fix yourself something good for you to eat. It's way easier to avoid temptation when you aren't starving!
  • dobergfell
    Options
    I understand you're probably frustrated right now, but try to see it the other way too. It has to be hard for people who aren't committed to the same changes to worry about people like us freaking out if a pizza is brought into your house. Stay strong and after a while, you'll be able to be around tempting foods without it driving you crazy. I baked a banana bread loaf for hubby this weekend, only taking one slice for myself and the rest is his. That's not to say it isn't hard, but I'm learning to change myself to cope with what the norms are for everyone else.

...and I am learning to take leftovers to work for my co-workers to eat. :) (btw, I'm her hubby)
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i agree with that