Treadmill advice

Options
Got a question for you: I just got a treadmill (used) but still in good condition and I feel really awkward on it, like I will fall off. Makes me realize I didn't know how to walk stright....did you notice this to when you first started and will it get better LOL!

Replies

• beachbratt
    beachbratt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also got a treadmill that was used barley though and I have fallen off because I went back to far on it. Yes I noticed that at times I am not walking straight. Good Luck
  • BlessedMystique
    BlessedMystique Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I am soo with you on this. It's either that or the thing is shaking
    so badly i'm scared it will explode into a million little pieces. It's getting
    better though!! llol
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    LOL well its in the same room as my xmas tree and I did notice the ornaments bouncing LOL
  • cwann1
    cwann1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I used to feel the same way until a lady next to me in the gym told me to pick a spot in front of me to focus on. Works great for me! Good Luck!
  • Craig772
    Craig772 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yep, pick a spot and focus on it but do still keep and eye how far back you drift. Some machines have a leash with an emergency stop card. When it's pulled the treadmill cuts out. You're meant to attach it to you.

I was working in a gym once and was sitting at the counter with a good view of everyone when a lady went whizzing off the back and hurt herself quite badly. It turns out that one of her friends at called across from another machine and she stopped to have a chat but the of course the treadmill didn't.
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yep, pick a spot and focus on it but do still keep and eye how far back you drift. Some machines have a leash with an emergency stop card. When it's pulled the treadmill cuts out. You're meant to attach it to you.

I was working in a gym once and was sitting at the counter with a good view of everyone when a lady went whizzing off the back and hurt herself quite badly. It turns out that one of her friends at called across from another machine and she stopped to have a chat but the of course the treadmill didn't.

LOL sounds like me....will try that thanks a bunch!
  • leakewh
    leakewh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Once you fall a couple of times like I did you will adapt out of necessity...don't worry...it doesn't hurt that much....lol
  • Craig772
    Craig772 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Once you fall a couple of times like I did you will adapt out of necessity...don't worry...it doesn't hurt that much....lol

I completely agree. Once the callous's have appeared across your forehead you'll be fine :laugh:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I've flown off the back before. Pretty funny. Sometimes I find I lean to the right. Weird I know. I just figure I've always been a little off, and not the most coordinated. So I just keep doing it....
  • philip31
    philip31 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well I won't be in the market for a treadmill then with my bad knee that i dislocated a few years ago.. :(
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I always walked outside until last Feb when I joined a gym. I totally felt like I was going to fall off the back and shoot into the wall :laugh: I also had really bad "sea legs" when I'd get off after an hour. I got over it all rather quickly and I'm glad I didn't read this post back then because I thought it was all in my mind and that people didn't really fall off them (unless they were pushing it "biggest loser" style) which I think helped me stay on it :laugh:

Enjoy! I'd love a treadmill at home.