You know you're making process when......

Options
mem50
mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
Your Knee high socks that used to only go partly up your calf's go up Over your knees and have to be folded over. (and not because they are stretched out!)

You can wear three different layers under your jeans and still be able to bend over like a normal person,

Same thing with the top half. Two extra layers and not look "puffy"

The girls at work ask "Where did your tummy go?" Then want info on how you did it so they can get on the bandwagon.

You can run up a flight of steps and not stand at the top breathing like a winded horse!!!!!

You find you are able to toss out the 20's,18's and your 16"s are getting a little baggy in the back.

Replies

• khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    …And when shopping for clothes actually becomes enjoyable again.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I did just did the closet "try-on" and sort again.....I now only have 4 pairs of pants that fit somewhat right....hope Santa sends me shopping for clothes this year! Down to my 8-12 range, tossed the 14-20 sizes. :happy:
  • Hitsujikai
    Hitsujikai Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Your clothes don't fit so you buy new ones, but then need to go shopping again a few weeks later as the new clothes also no longer fit.

You're able to turn down a dessert because you don't want it.

You enjoy exercising and get really grumpy when you miss a day for some reason.

You start getting approving looks/smiles from members of the opposite sex where you wouldn't have before. (This ones the best in my opinion :wink: )
  • 19marie74
    Options
    …And when shopping for clothes actually becomes enjoyable again.

Amen to that!!!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    ...you sit down, look down, and there aren't a bunch of lumpy rolls where you know your stomach used to be.
  • Davis713
    Davis713 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You start getting approving looks/smiles from members of the opposite sex where you wouldn't have before. (This ones the best in my opinion :wink: )

This totally happened to me last night when my husband and I went out on a date! He always says guys are checking me out but I actually caught the guy! :D It really made my day!
  • kahealey
    Options
    When they young girl at the Gap doesn't look at you funny when you walk in the door and actually helps you find some "cute" clothes to wear. When you sign up for a 5K and instead of the volunteer telling you that they are out of XL shirts...she cautions you that the Large might be too big and she will trade it for a medium for you, if you don't tell anyone. When you go to Target to get pants for an upcoming race and you learn about this mysterious size "M"-you didn't even know that existed! This has all happened to me in the last couple of weeks-I am so excited! :)
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You can breathe normally while tying you shoes!
  • smarie62
    Options
    You appear to be sitting farther away from the steering wheel of your car, and you have never adjusted the seat.

You notice that there seems to be excess air around your neck.

Your chihuahua can sit in your lap without hanging on.

You have knees and ankles again........and can reach them!
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    when you put your new pair of jeans on and look in the mirror and admire your new self
  • lauramorris85
    Options
    When your "dunlap" disease is getting better ... meaning your tummy "done lapped" over your jeans isn't as bad! :) haha you can now see your button!
  • crystaltellor
    crystaltellor Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    how do you set goals for yourself? ex- if i lose 10 lbs I give myself a reward
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    When your over weight friends stop saying "girls our size"

When you go to a Christmas party and your boss tells you you are Beautiful

When you can go to a bar and dance and feel like people are looking at you in a "good way"

When you realize the sizes DO go down, not just up:)

When your husband can't keep his hands off your "hot new body"
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    how do you set goals for yourself? ex- if i lose 10 lbs I give myself a reward

If you mean listing them in your posts, click on the "signature" tab above the thread and add them there.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

This totally happened to me last night when my husband and I went out on a date! He always says guys are checking me out but I actually caught the guy! :D It really made my day!

WhooHooo!!!
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    When you don't have to "dig in the back" of the racks to find your size behind all of the smaller ones.
  • PonyGirl34
    Options
    When you have thrown out the size 16s, 14s, 12s, 10s, and are almost ready to throw out the 8s.
    When you can buy "small" instead of large or XL.
    When your goals change from "losing weight" to "gaining muscle".
    When you can't miss your workout b/c you are addicted to the feeling you get when it's over.
    When your body doesn't hurt anymore...well it does, but it's b/c of the workout!!!!!!
    When everyone who knows your past size can't stop asking how you did it.
    When everyone who doesn't know your past size can't believe you could have fit all that on that tiny body.
    When you inspire someone you love to get healthier too. This was the best part for me...and boy is he hot!!!
  • twinsmomma02
    twinsmomma02 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Your parents tell you that you are getting so much smaller that they will be picking you up and swinging you around in the air like they do with the grandkids soon....

You can throw out the big granny undergarments and buy much smaller ones...

When you can run at least a mile without stopping on the treadmill...

When the smaller clothing I bought 6 weeks ago is now way too loose and looks ridiculous on me...

When I can actually buy a normal size large, instead of having to shop in the plus size section, and can also buy size 12 pants instead of 18's.

When I can complete a cardio/circuit class at the gym for an hour and other woman are dropping like flies around me!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    When the size 34 pants have been purchased and exchanged twice even before the tags have been taken off!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!