How to balance carbs??

Options
I constantly go over my carb goal for the day. When I look over my diary, I see that It is mainly coming from the following:

Oatmeal (what i have for breakfast every morning)
Questbars
Fruit

I do not eat any refined white grains, the only whole grains I eat are the oatmeal, brown rice, and sometimes whole wheat wraps

How do I control my carb intake from these foods?
(I am a big fruit lover)

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Eat more of the other two macros. Easy peasy. :smile:

So I peaked at your diary. You could up your protein. I'm 125 lbs and aim for 100g per day. Also you are not hitting your fat macro. Add in some nuts, butter, peanut butter, olive oil, etc. As you increase the other two macros, you will feel more sated and not need to eat as many carbs.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Your eating the right kind of carbs, which by they way, help sustain energy for working out. I wouldn't worry about it.

people are so worried about carbs around here!

EDIT_ that being said I just looked at your macros and your carbs are very high in portion to your protein. You need to think about resetting your goals-protein helps you maintain lean muscle, and helps with keeping you fuller longer while on a calorie deficit.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    ^This.

I use MFP's protein goal as a minimum (fiber, too) and ignore carbs & fat. The only way to eat more protein is to eat fewer carbs.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    From MY experience carbs from those type of foods keep me going....carbs from white bread, crackers, etc. slow me down. Looks like you are making good choices.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

So I peaked at your diary. You could up your protein. I'm 125 lbs and aim for 100g per day. Also you are not hitting your fat macro. Add in some nuts, butter, peanut butter, olive oil, etc. As you increase the other two macros, you will feel more sated and not need to eat as many carbs.

lemon squeezy
  • tararag
    tararag Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ill try thank you :) I need to re-stock on raw almonds and natural peanut butter so that might help
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    ^This.

I use MFP's protein goal as a minimum (fiber, too) and ignore carbs & fat. The only way to eat more protein is to eat fewer carbs.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

^^ This! If I focus on protein, the other two seem to fall into place. It's a little annoying at first, but has worked for me, too.