Mom looking for support

Options
I have been a member of MFP for sometime now and have had some sucess but always end up falling off after awhile. I could use some new MFP friends to support and push eachother. I am a mother trying to loose the weight I gained from having my son in 2009, I have gotten close a few times but I need to loose and maintain.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Girl, I'm still trying to lose the weight I gained from the baby I had in 1998! Not really:) I actually lost the baby weight pretty quickly, because he was a voracious nurser until age 2.5. But, while I was going through a 5 year divorce with his dad, I just piled on the pounds. I went from 150, which is already overweight for someone my height to 200 lbs over the course of a year. I've lost the weight and then gained more back, then lost some of the weight and gained some of It back. What a rollercoaster! I've been back on the wagon, since 1/6/14 and hope to finally change my habits for good.

I don't think we're alone in our struggle as moms (I have 3 sons, btw) to care for our bodies. After all, usually we're the ones caring for the children and partners in our lives, so we tend to get whatever time and energy is left after that. I think that's what keeps you "falling off". There are only so many minutes in a day. Just like financial planners advise people to pay themselves first, I think us moms need to pay ourselves first. It's much easier said than done, but let's support each other in finding time to take care of ourselves.
  • JamieMommy1985
    JamieMommy1985 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I totally agree suejoker, I dedicate my whole day to work and my son, at the end of the day when he goes to bed I'm running around packing lunches, laying out clothes, cleaning and folding laundry; there just isnt enough hours in the day! This time we will suceed though! :)
  • Kasmira0004
    Kasmira0004 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! (Anyone for that matter!!) I'm a mom as well to two daughters. I'm finally at pre-pregnancy weight but looking to lose about 9 more lbs. I gained 60lbs with my first daughter and around 50 with my second. It's been a two year journey to get this weight off (I took the slow and steady road) Good luck! You can do this!