what tod o with leftover fat free refried beans?

Options
Amandawith3kids
Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
made tacos tonight, and even after setting aside some refried beans for tomorrows taco salad, i still have over half a can of it. what do i do with it? i hate to waste it. nobody eats them but me LOL

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love them with fried eggs in the morning, or just straight out of the can, lol.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I love them with fried eggs in the morning, or just straight out of the can, lol.

That actually sounds good lol
    Why not just make a wrap for your lunch tomorrow? smear em on a wrap and throw in your fixings (salsa and fresh veg)
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I love them topped with the other taco fixings, like lettuce, tomato, and sour cream. My husband uses them as dip for chips.
  • tx_mom72
    Options
    They're awesome in a tortilla with scrambled eggs, salsa & a little cheese! Yum!!
  • outlawchef1
    Options
    I don't use canned beans. I buy bags of dry beans. Place them in a crock pot and cook on low overnight. Then I mash them up. Much better for you and taste so much better. With my leftovers I will make bean burritos and freeze them. Then when in a.hurry just zap in microwave. Fast and easy for busy days. Also black beans are even better for you. Have you tried making black bean brownies they are awesome. I serve them at work and no one knows any better.
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Bean and cheese burrito
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Got a dog?
  • Amandawith3kids
    Options

That actually sounds good lol
    Why not just make a wrap for your lunch tomorrow? smear em on a wrap and throw in your fixings (salsa and fresh veg)

gonna make a salad. it's more filing and less calories than a tortilla wrap. plus, hubby very well might eat whats left of the package when he gets home from work tonight. and the lettuce is starting to get old and i need to use it up.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Options

what do you mean, just smear them on top?
  • Amandawith3kids
    Options
    I love them topped with the other taco fixings, like lettuce, tomato, and sour cream. My husband uses them as dip for chips.

i already have a serving set aside to make a taco salad with.

no chips. chips are like crack. i cant stop once i start.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Make a wrap with cream cheese, sprinkle of chili powder, refried beans and cilantro if you have it!
  • Amandawith3kids
    Options
    They're awesome in a tortilla with scrambled eggs, salsa & a little cheese! Yum!!

hmm.. maybe i can do that for breakfast. provided hubby doesnt eat all the tortillas.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Options
    Got a dog?

nope. no pets, not even a fish.