I'm back again and i am lazy.

Options
Hi everyone (again)

I joined a while back and made good progress, lost 31 lbs and then sabotaged myself and just stopped trying. I ended up in a bad relationship, a bad frame of mind and my confidence was rock bottom.

I am back now, properly after a couple of years toing and froing about being healthier. I am taking up roller derby again after an absence of two years and I have a wedding body to make so I am looking for help and friends to act as encouragement and/or shouty when I, quite frankly, get lazy and don't want to get off my *kitten* and do anything.

My weight is vague as i generally don't look at scales, its more of a body SIZE i am concerned about. I am a UK 15-16 at the moment and i am aiming for a UK 12. I have been there before so I know it is not out of my reach. If i had to put a figure on it I would say I am 175-180lbs and I want to get to roughly 160lbs.

I suffer from a big self defeatest attitude and I am trying to change that. I want my body to be healthy and strong, not just slim. I want to look good naked and feel proud of myself, and right now I feel like a blob.

I realise that I am not THAT far off my goal - 20 lbs ish - but I currently live in China, where the average woman is a size 2-4 and I am constantly called big, fat *kitten*, and generally my height and weight is a topic of open conversation. It's not that they are being rude - in their culture talking about it is showing they care. But still, I would like them to care a little less. Also, buying clothes here is very hard.

Lastly, I am being gifted a very cool and very expensive wedding dress, by a very famous wedding designer. I want to look awesome in that dress, looking toned and healthy.

So.... that's me. I am hard work, I admit it, but i am trying, honestly, i really am!

Who wants to be my friend? ;)

Replies

• juliacatherine1
    juliacatherine1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I will totally be your friend. Im in a similar situation myself.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Ooh, roller derby must be an amazeballs workout. (I'm a fan, but I can't even skate much less bout.)

Take before pics, set your goal to .5 lb. per week, and read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • lizzy32
    lizzy32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well good for you for coming back and getting back at it if you keep that frame of mine you should hit your goal in no time , I my self have alot of work to do myself i lost about 35 pounds and have gain it back and some so this past week i just got back at it again good luck and happy losing
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    So I am off topic right away but where in China are you ? In April I'm going to Beijing to visit my son. Do they really talk about your size with you right there? You see that's why I wouldn't go visit until I was below 200 lbs I knew it !

ok back to your weight loss or healthy size I'm glad you are back and can't wait to see pictures of your dress !

Good luck

Amy
  • Alex_murphyy
    Alex_murphyy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have already lost 10 lbs and am looking to loose another 50 so feel free to add me!! :)
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options

I realise that I am not THAT far off my goal - 20 lbs ish - but I currently live in China, where the average woman is a size 2-4 and I am constantly called big, fat *kitten*, and generally my height and weight is a topic of open conversation. It's not that they are being rude - in their culture talking about it is showing they care. But still, I would like them to care a little less. Also, buying clothes here is very hard.

Did the people who called you fatass etc tell you they say it because they care? Because they just sound rude. I can't even imagine what I would be called! I would be a giant!
  • kellogsmscott
    kellogsmscott Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow - replies already - thanks guys! <3 xxx
  • kellogsmscott
    Options

Did the people who called you fatass etc tell you they say it because they care? Because they just sound rude. I can't even imagine what I would be called! I would be a giant!

I have a saying that helps get me through the day.. "THIS. IS. CHINA." Any ideas of etiquette, rudeness, lifestyles etc, that we know, have zero relevance here. This place is nuts.
  • DrGM42
    DrGM42 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've back again too. I lost >60 lbs, fell hard off the wagon, gained back >40 lbs, and was super lazy. It got to the point where I needed all new clothes for work ... I couldn't do it any more and I just didn't want to move up one more size. I need to get healthy with motivated friends in my corner. Feel free to add me!
  • kellogsmscott
    Options
    So I am off topic right away but where in China are you ? In April I'm going to Beijing to visit my son. Do they really talk about your size with you right there? You see that's why I wouldn't go visit until I was below 200 lbs I knew it !

ok back to your weight loss or healthy size I'm glad you are back and can't wait to see pictures of your dress !

Good luck

Amy

Hi! I'm in Shanghai! For the most part, in places such as Shanghai and Beijing the people will be used to seeing "laowai" (foreigners) so it won't be as jarring, BUT do expect them to stare, they can't help it, we are exotic to them. It's not meant to be rude, they have different etiquette systems so staring isn't impolite like to us.

The people who call me up on my size at people who know me, know my fiancé and they mention it as if discussing the weather. its the same if you have been sick, they will go out of their way to tell you how crap you look, in their mind they are saying "look, I notice you, I care" but to is we think "jeez, I am horrendous looking".

Also there is a huge different between city and country folk and their exposure to us. I worked with a lot of country, and they would think nothing of patting my bum and telling me with glee just how big it is. My city friends have seen worse and have more western ideals and manners.

But to them, we are. Bigger. We are broader, we are taller, and we are healthier.