104 lbs in 20 weeks

Options
On july 17th 2010 the doctor told me that my body wouldnt stand up to another year of drinking the way I was and that I needed to lose serious weight. I was 320 lbs and never exercised or dieted ever in my life. I started riding a mountain bike for a couple miles a day at first and kept riding more and more until i was doing 80- 90 miles a week. I lost 70 lbs in around two and a half months. Thats when I found this site and started counting calories and only taking in between 1700 to 1900 calories a day. I continued riding a bike until it became too cold and then i joined the gym. I weigh myself every saturday and as of yesterday I weigh 216. From what ive read to lose this much weight so fast is bad for you and uncommon. I couldnt feel better though and consider myself lucky to have a high metabolism. The plan now is to not lose anymore weight and stick with the gym and get in excellent shape for my 30th birthday in a few months. I would post pictures in here but I cant figure out how to so the pictures are in my profile. You can tell which ones are at the start, then there are a couple when i was down 70 lbs and finally down 104 as of yesterday morning.

Replies

• yepitsmel
    Options
    Awesome, simply awesome!!!!!
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • carmen1485
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing. The change in 5 months is amazing. What else in your life has changed as a result of your lifestyle change? Sorry, being nosy. Did you just quit drinking or did you cut down?
  • snobuny032
    Options
    WOW! and you look yournger now too! :) Dont worry to much about losing the weight so fast.. Just continue workout and eat healthy.. You are doing Awesome!
  • nmunson4
    nmunson4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    way to go! awesome job! how amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • cosmicbrut
    Options
    I completely quit drinking and I watch how many calories I take in. The really strange part is I didnt change what I ate just how much I ate. I actually dont eat any fruits or vegetables which I know is not good but i havent eaten them in over 17 years. Ive tried since then to eat them but I cant stomach them. However all my blood work came back with excellent results and even my doctor cant understand how I am so healty without them.
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look great!
  • nilisabel
    Options
    you are such an inspiration to me! I'm like, gosh I don'tknow if I can lose 50 pounds in 20 weeks. You're awesome! thanks thanks thanks!
  • nilisabel
    Options
    maybe a multivitamin, you know since no fruits/veggies? btw mountain biking is awesome! my fave!
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    amazing weight loss for 5 months, It is fast but you have done this with exercise and cutting portion size so how could this be anything but the only way to do it. You've obviously lost fat and gained muscle. Well done you're an inspiration to the rest of us.
  • TTcarey
    TTcarey Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    amazing story.. well done!!
  • juday3
    juday3 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Holy crap!!! That is amazing! I sure wish I could lose that much weight in 20 weeks. How many hours did you workout in a day? Congratulations on your weight loss! ;)
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!!!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow!! And you're right - you really don't need to loose any more weight. A little toning and you'll be getting more attention than you want to!! I may be a dirty old woman but I still like to look at beautiful young men.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's incredible!! So jealous! lol
  • PureBeauty
    Options
    way to go congratulations on your commitment to a better you! ;-)
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Let me repeat what everyone else has said...you look great! Awesome job at staying commited and losing the weight, quitting drinking, etc... :) You look great in your pictures, you should be proud of yourself, what an accomplishment :)
  • KcFitCoach
    KcFitCoach Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! WOW!!!!!!!! You have done AMAZINGLY well!!!!!!!!!!!

Try to work in some fruits and veggies, though. Sorry...can't help it it's the mom in me and seen too many people lose to cancer. Bless your thin body with some antioxidants! At least maybe try to find a nutritional shake mix from Whole Foods or the like that includes plant based ingredients?

Again, AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NextGenMe
    NextGenMe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Damn, dude! Way to go!

I'm not counting on those type of results but I don't mind shooting for them. Thanks for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!