Not losing weight with Focus T25.. -help?

Options
Hey everyone.

Im doing my very first weight loss journey, trying to lose about 15 lbs.
Im 5'5, 140lbs, 25 yrs old. Im on the beta phase of focus t25and following the exercise and nutrition guide.
Im one week in on beta, which means ive been doing T25 for 5 weeks now
and eating 1400/day. My HRM says i burn about 300 cals per exercise. Despite this, i have not lost a single pound or one inch. I feel after 5 weeks of exercing 5 times per week and following the food guide i should have lost about 5 pounds. But im still 140. same measurements. Can anyone offer any advice or tips as to why im not losing weight?

Replies

• chargraves
    chargraves Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything you eat and drink? How are you measuring your portions?
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    We may be able to offer more specific advice if you open your food diary. :smile:
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    how are you tracking your intake - are you weighing and logging everything you eat?
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Have you brought this up to your coach? Have they provided any guidance?
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Eating too much
  • lkat88
    lkat88 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey sorry for the delay in answering.

No I haven't been weighing everything I eat or keeping track of grams or whatever... should I be doing that?

I haven't been doing that because I've been following the T25 nutrition plan, 1400 cals per day. I don't want to go below that and exercise because I have low blood sugar and it makes me feel ill. I tried the 1200 cals per day plan but I felt so dizzy and awful I couldn't stand it.

I figure I usually (before I started the nutrition plan) ate around 1700 cals per day. Even before T25, I don't buy prepackaged or frozen foods. Only organic. I don't even remember the last time I had sweets, chips, or pizza.
  • sk0rpiu5
    sk0rpiu5 Posts: 1
    Options
    I strongly suggest you weigh your food to get a real understanding of portion size. I'm doing T25 too (on beta phase now) and have lost about 10lb and slimmed down. I'm not following the nutrition guide so it's surprising that you haven't seen any improvement - when I bought my scales it was a proper wake up call! For example, I was surprised to see that my "small" bowl of pasta was around 200g...its really easy to overdo your portions without weighing them :)
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    We may be able to offer more specific advice if you open your food diary. :smile:

Agreed.

We are kinda blind here if we can't see what you are eating. I did T25 almost completely modified as I have a bad leg and I saw results.
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hey sorry for the delay in answering.

No I haven't been weighing everything I eat or keeping track of grams or whatever... should I be doing that?

I haven't been doing that because I've been following the T25 nutrition plan, 1400 cals per day. I don't want to go below that and exercise because I have low blood sugar and it makes me feel ill. I tried the 1200 cals per day plan but I felt so dizzy and awful I couldn't stand it.

I figure I usually (before I started the nutrition plan) ate around 1700 cals per day. Even before T25, I don't buy prepackaged or frozen foods. Only organic. I don't even remember the last time I had sweets, chips, or pizza.

T25 nutrition guide says you should be eating 1600 calories - maybe increase the amount you eat, but you do need to log properly as others have said
  • lkat88
    Options
    Okay. ill try to pick up a scale. How exactly does weighing work? ie do I weigh the food before or after its cooked? if I measured a bowl of pasta, would I weigh it with or without the sauce?

And is there an amount of "grams"I should be eating per day

Even without weighing food, eating 1400 cals per day while doing T25, I shoulh have seen some results. Im going to try turbofire. If I have no results again maybe I should see a doctor.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If you're not weighing and/or measuring your food, how do you know you're only eating 1400 calories worth? You could be eating much more than that. I'd assume the T25 plan gives amounts you should be eating and not just foods, right?
  • lkat88
    Options
    Right. I modified it slightly because T25 only has 1200 and 1600 cal/plans. 1200 is too little and 1600 is too much. I basically make one meal and one snack a bit bigger but count the calories so I stay at 1400. Lots of lean meat, veges, and fruit in the meal plan.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    But still, the question remains, if you're not measuring your food, how do you know how many calories you added?
  • justisroyster
    justisroyster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you don't weigh very much to begin with. I'm the same height as you, but weigh 165. If you're a woman and I'm a guy I can see why, but you can't lose weight that you already don't have. 140 doesn't seem bad at all.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I did not lose weight at first with T25, but I got stronger (ie more muscles) and then in the later phases, particularly Gamma I started to see results. Remember Alpha is your foundation phase.

Also those who have a LOT of weight 60 to 100 lbs to lose will lose more quickly.
  • justisroyster
    justisroyster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I never logged how much I was eating and got great results. Just eat the right foods and there will be no reason to log them. If you're hungry, don't starve yourself, just eat a healthy meal. You can't burn calories without taking them in so just keep eating and work hard. Like I said on my previous post, you don't weigh much anyway. I'm the same height and have a lean body, but weigh more than you do (157lbs). Sounds like you're overdoing fitness.
  • Stopin_da_yoyo
    Stopin_da_yoyo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Log it. Get comfy with measuring weighing things out so you know what/ how much you are eating. This is important. Log log log. I can tell you from my experience that MFP is probably top reason I have continued to lose weight. I feel more empowered and know exactly what I have eaten and if I have any extra for a snack if im hungry late at night. If im under I may get one. If im at breakeven then I probably wont and then drink water. Watch your sugar intake.