Running....... (c210k)

Options
Today I ran/walked a 5k for the first time ever! My was 46 minutes and I ran 34 out of that. I have been doing c210k and I'm on week 7. Today I wanted to see if I could get the 3 mile mark so I did a lil extra and I made it and I'm pretty amazed, even if its like a little over 15mph pace XD I never thought I could run like this in my entire life and I'm pretty proud honestly. The c210k (first half of it is c25k) program really works. I dunno, I guess I just wanted to share this with people who'd understand my happiness hahaha.

Also, if any runners have tips/advice I'll glady listen!! :)

Replies

• lynnej73
    lynnej73 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is awesome! It doesn't matter how fast you go, just go! I completed couch to 5k in April of last year and then worked my way up to 10K. I've run one 5K and one 10K race. I still can't believe I ran 6.2 miles! Such a great feeling to accomplish something you never thought possible. The program really does work. Stick with it and and keep up the good work!
  • mbrada
    Options
    Congratulations on your first 5K! Stay with it, the rewards of running, augmented with walking, are generous. I lost 30lbs and changed my body fat composition just by sticking with it - and same result for my wife. When we started, we were lucky to go 1 mile. 1 year later, we are training for our first marathon. You won't always like it, but fight through the bad, you'll be glad you did :)
  • merpmerp95
    Options
    Thanks! I'm definitely not quitting now, I've tried this like 4 times before and I've never gotten this far. Congrats to you guys too :)
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress. My advice is to keep going, follow a plan that will gradually get you to your goals and finally I've found that cycling and swim are great ways to improve your running.