I'm a girl who love pasta, so how could I cut down without losing my
pasta fix?

What foods do you eat/swap?

Thank you!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I use MFP's protein goal as a minimum (fiber too), and ignore carbs & fats. The only way to eat more protein is to eat fewer carbs.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    To start, you have to decide what you mean when you say low carb to determine what can stay and what must be limited in your diet. For instance, I eat between 50-75 g of carbs most days, with a 100 g day thrown in every once in a while. This means I can eat fruit and higher carb veggies with no problem most days, as long as I eat in moderation. To be honest though, a pasta or grain would really only fit on the higher carb days. I don't really eat grains, so I've never had that problem. However, if you want to go Very Low Carb (under 25g, which is super hard) pasta will definitely have to go. If you can't live without it, you can make pasta fit in a moderately low-carb diet by really watching the carb count on all other foods you eat, but it will make meal planning more difficult. Hope you find something that works for you!
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I eat rice and noodle as a staple food, often with side dishes including vegetables, meat etc. I adjusted by having less rice on my plate and more of those sides. It's hard to feel satisfied at first but it gets better. A glass of water after meal helps too. Stuff up the stomach.

Right now, I am trying to get used to my coffee wth no sugar added. :)

However, I will still eat my regular servings of fruit.
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    Protein as chicken eggs or turkey w/ veggies like broccoli, cauliflower etc

Breakfast is usually greek yogurt mixed with protein powder, but sometime I use cottage cheese.

Pretty much what I eat everyday, add in protein bars and coffee
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    pasta fix?

you can't really, pasta is carbs most low carb dieters get their carbs from vegetables and avoid beige food like pasta.

You need to replace carbs with fats and oils, egg, cheese, 20% fat meat, oily fish, etc.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    pasta fix?

you can't really, pasta is carbs most low carb dieters get their carbs from vegetables and avoid beige food like pasta.

You need to replace carbs with fats and oils, egg, cheese, 20% fat meat, oily fish, etc.

This.
  • SEAFOODMAN
    Options
    chicken,fish, steak..........also about calories to lose weight
  • SEYoung13666
    Options
    I low carb to keep my blood sugars low and to lose weight. I've lost over 30kg eating under 50g carbs a day. Def no pasta, rice or bread. I have replaced it all with meat, fish, cheese, good fats, eggs and low carb veg!