15 Pounds Success! Extra Motivation and Help?

Options
leep917
leep917 Posts: 40 Member
Its been a month since I've started My Fitness Pal and I'm so happy that I've lost a total of 15 pounds so far! It's not my goal but its halfway there and I feel amazing. I went from 141 pounds to 126 pounds. My waist went from being a 28 to a 27 and my hips from a 34 to a 33. I took a long time and it wasn't easy but wow the results are amazing!

I have a question though, since my diets been going on for a month I thought my cravings for crappy food would've stopped completely, but since reaching this milestone I almost feel like I want it MORE....is this normal? How do I kick the cravings?

Replies

• Britt2fit18
    Britt2fit18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Typically when you're "craving" crappy foods, your body is lacking something/wants something else. There's a chart somewhere ill see if I can find it. But no, the cravings don't "disappear" which is why your supposed to allow yourself a cheat meal per week :) I'm about 9 months into my journey and down 40 lbs myself 198-158. Good luck on the rest of yours ans maintaining!
  • leep917
    leep917 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing work! Thank you for your advice I guess you're right the cravings will never totally go away. I think I might have a cheat day coming soon, it's been a month without any treats! I think its time for a small reward!
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    15 lbs in one month is a LOT to lose so quickly (I know your post said it took a long time, but 15 lbs in a month is actually quite quick!). I will caution you that the losing will likely slow down so don't get discouraged. Also, though, if you are not careful, you will put the weight back on as soon as you start eating "normally" again. That happens when there is such drastic weight loss and no plan for "re-entry" into normal life. It's not (in my experience) possible to live life without "cheat days" and I used to have a cheat day, not see any consequences of it, so have another and another until I'd gained a bunch of weight back.

Best of luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!