Looking for friends to keep me on track

Options
I'm 27, 5'2" 160lbs, looking to lose at 35-40 lbs to get back to my pre-children range. I have a real problem with portion control, will power, and snacking and aside from the workout of keeping my toddlers from using the couch as a jungle gym, I lead a very sedentary life.

I'm patting myself on the back right now for not having ate mac and cheese with my kids tonight, but I fear the leftovers calling from the fridge. Any friends to help with accountability would be appreciated!

Replies

• runliftluv
    Options
    Jamie,

Stay on track, you can do it!!!

Tell the leftovers to go F**k themselves....(can I say that??) because you have goals of being a healthy and fit momma for your babies and that 5 minutes of fleeting pleasure eating some mac and cheese is exactly what will make you fail.

drink a glass of water, eat a piece of fruit, and go to bed early.....late nights often lead to late night snacks.

I'll warn you now, friend me if you like but I will hold you accountable and I don't care about excuses. Want it bad enough and you can do anything!!!

~B.
  • pilatesXOpixie
    pilatesXOpixie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamie!!

I'm about 5"3 and started not long ago at a little over 160. (Down to about 154 now!!!) Sending you a friend request because I definitely need some motivation to keep making the changes that will lead me to a healthy lifestyle. I don't have kids yet, but being in a relationship for almost 5 years I don't believe marriage/children are TOO far off and definitely want to have a new healthy lifestyle and relationship with food before I get to that point. Quite frankly, I'm at a point where I don't care if that doesn't happen, just want to be healthy and happy :)

Can't wait to help motivate each other!!!!
  • PatriciaNelson50
    Options
    Jamie taking care of yourself is very important if you get into the habit now then when you do decide to have children you will be a benefit to them as well. Happy is good and being happy with yourself first will help you in your other relationships. Sounds like you are on the right track.
  • jazmcconnell
    jazmcconnell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 34, 5'3," and 163 pounds. I've been fluctuating 20-30 pounds over the past 10 years. I'm hoping to start a family soon, and I am going to get in shape as much as possible before I get pregnant. I've been using myfitnesspal for the past 5 years, but keeping track of my caloric intake and exercise without outside support has caused me to have periodic lapses. I would love it if we could keep each other on the right path.
  • jesssargent2
    jesssargent2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am trying to eat better and so far lost 10 pounds. I hope we can be friends and help each other out. Remember nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Jess :flowerforyou:
  • tkhawaja66
    Options
    Hi! I am also definitely looking for people to hold me accountable! I do really well most days until I get off of work (I am a student/intern during the day, and serve at a restaurant at night) and then **** hits the fan. <--sorry if that offends anyone. I have a real problem with once I feel like I ruined my day, then I REALLY want to ruin it. And will. So basically I am looking for people to help me, and I will help you (I am really good when it's not me), be accountable.