PB2

Options
I just bought some PB2.... what are some good ways you guys incorporate this into your smoothies? Foods? I bought the regular peanut flavor over flavors that are out there. Any advice is much appreciated! :)

Replies

• caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I like to add some water and then mix it with some plain greek yogurt and a little bit of cinnamon swirl protein powder. Makes for an amazing dip for apple slices.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like to add some water and then mix it with some plain greek yogurt and a little bit of cinnamon swirl protein powder. Makes for an amazing dip for apple slices.

PB2, vanilla greek & a sprinkle of Grapenuts cereal

Mixed in my morning oatmeal

Mixed with jam for PB&J

Believe it or not .....maple syrup & PB2 is a good combo....spread on waffles.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I use it in a protein smoothie - protein powder, greek yogurt, pb2 and a banana. I've also used it in making a peanut stew with chicken and sweet potatoes. Absolutely loved it in that - I'll be using it again when a recipe calls for peanut butter. Their website has a number of recipes that look tasty.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    In a shaker with vanilla or chocolate protein powder.
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Mix in to any smoothie
    Add to steel cut oats
  • Amandabelanger614
    Amandabelanger614 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love to put it my vanilla ice cream with a little sugar free chocolate syrup! My way of getting a reeses pb cup!!
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have both the regular PB2 and the kind with chocolate. I use them in a breakfast drink with milk and a nutritional powder (Carnation Instant Breakfast). Yummy!
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have found it to be a complete fail with green smoothies. Non-green, maybe. But I find I enjoy the calories more when eating anything peanut butter away from a drink...
  • cathylaine712
    Options
    Everything is great w/ PB2 (kidding!). I really like a lot of the ideas posted.

I use PB2 in my Vanilla Herbalife shakes, but you could use it w/ any protein shake or smoothie. It adds just a touch of pb taste. I have also mixed the PB2 with water and made a pb and jelly sandwich on wheat. It doesn't have the consistency of real PB, but it's close enough and FAR less fat!
  • Predsfan2013
    Predsfan2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I use it in my protein shake for breakfast... Its so good.
  • winley87
    Options
    When I'm craving something sweet, I make the chocolate PB2 with a little extra water so that it's more syrupy and drizzle over banana slices or dip in strawberries, apple slices, or pretzels.

Like others mentioned, it's also great in vanilla Greek yogurt, and I've added it to my Vega One chocolate shakes before for a little extra sweetness/flavor (with a banana to help keep it from getting too gritty with the protein powder and the PB2).
  • ninapturner
    ninapturner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Do you ever get on Pinterest because once you do a pinner and has her own site "undressed skeleton" loves pb2 and uses it in some of her food blogs. Plus she has other people on her site that she recommends and some good ideas. It has helped me or I would not have known what that was. Hope this helps. If I come across something I will send it your way ok.
    Nina
  • FitForRiding
    Options
    I like the portability of PB2. Light weight and no refrigeration :laugh:
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    All of the above. I also mix it in cottage cheese. Tonite i made pb2 balls : 1/2 cup pb2 , 1/4 cup oats ,pulse in food processor, then add 1/4 cup water . Mix it up just use two spoons to get balls on cookie sheet then i sift some more pb2 over them and roll them around in it, that takes the stickiness off so you can shape them better. Put in freezer, when set you can drizzle some melted chocolate on them refreeze . The original recipe called for dates but i didnt like that so i left them out and it worked just as good. This makes about 12. I also have a yonannas machine and mix the chocolate pb2 in with the bananas. I am a peanut butter junkie and cannot have the real thing in my house. This product is the next best thing and the fact that you have to make it keeps me in control portion wise. Its also really good on those mini rice cakes the caramel or chocolate ones.
  • SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    *bookmarks*

I pass by this all the time at the grocery store and I always give the chocolate one a good stare-down. I want to try it, but I wouldn't really know what to do with it other than a chocolate banana peanutbutter smoothie. But now that I've said it, it sounds good enough. :'D
  • brandeeeee
    Options
    save
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Great PB Banana smoothie - 2 Tbs PB2, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk and ice.